Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Rumoured issues with supply / manufacture.

I'm going to chop my series 6 for the 7. Agreed its not a big change but i'm stupid :)

Soldato
Can't say I'm uber-keen on the aluminium colours this time round; no silver just 'starlight' which more of a champagne hue so if I upgrade from my tatty 4 my Juuk bands won't match. The space grey is gone in favour of 'midnight' which is a dark blue too. Suppose I better wait for on-wrist pics once it's out.

Soldato
Can't say I'm uber-keen on the aluminium colours this time round; no silver just 'starlight' which more of a champagne hue so if I upgrade from my tatty 4 my Juuk bands won't match. The space grey is gone in favour of 'midnight' which is a dark blue too. Suppose I better wait for on-wrist pics once it's out.
Surely blue is the best option. Hopefully match my phones colour.

Soldato
Surely blue is the best option. Hopefully match my phones colour.

Colours here

Didn’t realise some of the new other stuff had Starlight as an option so checked that out. On the new Mini it washes out to silver in bright light but otherwise the gold-tinge isn’t too cream-like so I’ll go with that I imagine - I prefer silver usually because I just find silver watch + silver band looks a bit more formal when dressed up than black (not that watch itself is snazzy but it’s passable with a matching aluminium band) and I wear a lot of neutrals so it goes with black better than blue.

Also…

Apple Watch Series 7 orders start Friday, October 8, with availability beginning Friday, October 15

Last edited:
Associate
When the Series 7 is released later this week, do you think we're likely to see a drop in the prices of the Series 6 or has that already happened? I've been looking to get my first Apple Watch but I'd like the GPS & Cellular version and £20 a month seems a lot from O2.

Soldato
Just out of interest, how many people here actually have the Cellular versions and use it?
I'm pretty sure for me its not worth it, but always good to hear other opinions..

Soldato
Just out of interest, how many people here actually have the Cellular versions and use it?
I'm pretty sure for me its not worth it, but always good to hear other opinions..

i got one last time used it for a few month then cancelled it was always had the phone with me.
Suppose it good for people who go jogging or the like

Associate
Series 7 45mm graphite SS ordered for delivery next week :D. Did look at the titanium ones as I've never had one of those and that was showing a delivery time of next month so I skipped those.

Seems times are already slipping to a full months time on a lot of models :eek:

Soldato
Series 7 45mm graphite SS ordered for delivery next week :D. Did look at the titanium ones as I've never had one of those and that was showing a delivery time of next month so I skipped those.
What are you coming from? Tempted by a titanium one but struggling to justify moving from a series 4. Would like to see a titanium one before making the jump.

Associate
What are you coming from? Tempted by a titanium one but struggling to justify moving from a series 4. Would like to see a titanium one before making the jump.

Series 6 44mm graphite SS, I upgrade every year though, really wanted that larger screen plus on sometimes that on screen keyboard will come in handy for the odd occasion when siris speech to text cocks up words.

Soldato
Moving from titanium to titanium. They’re absolutely solid. Not sure whether my model was available for next week as I was a little late but it’s looking like a November delivery.

Associate
Moving from titanium to titanium. They’re absolutely solid. Not sure whether my model was available for next week as I was a little late but it’s looking like a November delivery.

Really don't think they had stock to start or if they did it was a miniscule amount as I headed to the titanium section within 20 secs after 1pm and it was already a November delivery for the titanium, SS didn't seem to slip for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom