Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 8 thread (it can detect when you crash your car and everything!) ***

Which Apple Watch Series 8 will you get?

• Total voters
Commissario
The new Apple Watch 8 has been announced, including the new Ultra model.

AgrPnGK.png

Are you going to get one?

I have to say, the Ultra intrigues me despite saying I won’t be changing mine this year. I like chunky watches so would have to see one in person before I make an absolute final decision but I've voted "no" in the poll.

Soldato
I wonder if it will, it would be surprising if there isn't an option for that.

Class lawsuit anyone against Apple for sexism by allowing the temperature sensor to be used for cycle tracking but not for anything else? :cry:
They said it would do overnight readings for everyone but it just seemed to give temperature degrees above your baseline temperature, it's not like the Blood Oxygen app which shows you the actual reading.

Associate
Just ordered the series 8 45mm stainless steel silver watch, roll on 1.00 on friday so I can get the 14 pro ordered :)

Cheers all

Soldato
I'm definitely their target market for the Ultra and have been after a rugged hardcore fitness watch for some time.

BUT... I really don't like that colour. Why couldn't they have offered it in a smarter looking black. My current Series 5 has a silver casing and it looks so naff compared to my brother's blacked out series 7.

It also looks gigantic. Definitely need to see this in person before ordering. Don't want it to look too silly for everyday office wear.

Soldato
I got rid of my series 7 as it stopped reading through my tattoos as I have both arms sleeved, wondering whether to try the 8 or just continue to live life without a watch.

Commissario
OP
I got rid of my series 7 as it stopped reading through my tattoos as I have both arms sleeved, wondering whether to try the 8 or just continue to live life without a watch.
Nothing stopping you grabbing one and trying it for a week or so, then send it back if it's not any good. You have nothing to lose.

Soldato
Nothing stopping you grabbing one and trying it for a week or so, then send it back if it's not any good. You have nothing to lose.
Yeah that’s true, I think I’ll do that and see how I get on. Wouldn’t have thought any changes were made to the sensor between series though.

Commissario
OP
No, I'd expect them all to be similar. Mind you, I've got a mate in Wales who has had both arms completely blacked out to hide his old tattoos that he had when he was a kid and he's going to get new ones inked in white on top of them. He wears a Series 6 with no problem but I guess it's all dependant on what ink is used, how much of it there is, etc. Not every case will be the same.

Soldato
I want an Ultra, I'll probably get an 8.

The Ultra really is a big chungus isn't it? I only have fairly skinny wrists for a bloke so it will probably look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom