*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Still can’t believe how bad the battery life is on these. Even the new ultra 2 can only manage 36 hours in normal use. Pathetic!

Just seems light years behind Garmin.

That's the reason I can never justify one. When do people charge them? When do they sleep presumably. I don't see why Apple even have sleep tracking and such when people will be charging it

Last edited:
That's the reason I can never justify one. When do people charge them? When do they sleep presumably. I don't see why Apple even have sleep tracking and such when people will be charging it

I charge it in the evening. I keep mine between 20-80%, I charge it for about 20-30mins or so, like during dinner or watching TV. I can check the status of the battery on the phone at anytime, even during charging. At 80% it can last me until the next 24hrs and I have the Watch 6, so it's 3 years old now.

I turn off the AOD, and in japan, when i forgot the charger, i managed almost 48hrs, think i managed 36hrs from 100%, but i did turn it off when i was sleeping, and managed to get to the 2nd evening with 10% left, that's about 7am to midnight first day, then about 7am to midnight again.

Last edited:

They charge so quick it's usually while you shower in the morning or a little bit before bed if you wear it for sleep.

Still can’t believe how bad the battery life is on these. Even the new ultra 2 can only manage 36 hours in normal use. Pathetic!

Just seems light years behind Garmin.
You understand that the Garmin is basically a fancy calculator compared to the Apple Watch? They have very different use cases.

The Garmin is excellent for fitness-related activities, but suffers in anything smart-watch related due to it's weaker processing hardware, limited screen and lacking software (non-fitness side).

I'd rather charge it once a day and get proper app integration than have a week+ of battery life that adds no other value to the product (for me).

You understand that the Garmin is basically a fancy calculator compared to the Apple Watch? They have very different use cases.

The Garmin is excellent for fitness-related activities, but suffers in anything smart-watch related due to it's weaker processing hardware, limited screen and lacking software (non-fitness side).

I'd rather charge it once a day and get proper app integration than have a week+ of battery life that adds no other value to the product (for me).

Indeed, it's what the Apple Watch does as a smart watch that uses a ton of battery. Garmin does less smart watch, which saves a ton of battery. A basic Casio does no smart watch and never needs charging :p

My 7 came with a quick charge puck, so when I go to the bathroom in the morning it goes on charge for 20 minutes, same again at night, the only time it usually gets more than that is when there's an OS update and it'll sit there for no more than an hour then..

Oh, and you think your Garmins awesome, I used to have a Steel HR, that would last nearly a month, sooooo..

Last edited:
The most useful thing for the Apple watch isn't the health tracking stuff, I personally seldom look at the sleep tracking. Things I like about mine

1 - The alarm, it vibrates in the morning to gently wake you up
2 - Notifications come through, with the phone away from you elsewhere in the house
3 - It's a remote control to the phone, things like turning the volume, skipping tracks on music etc. You can even remote turn on the camera and a live video feed comes through
4 - It can carry music or podcast inside it, so if you go for a run, you can leave your phone at home and just pair the earbuds to the watch.
5 - The one with e-sim model is also a phone.
6 - Maps and direction
7 - Apple wallet, you can pay things with it at the shop like your phone.

And then all the health stuff, and lots of apps stuff like a calculator, noise level warning etc.

The most useful thing for the Apple watch isn't the health tracking stuff, I personally seldom look at the sleep tracking. Things I like about mine

2 - Notifications come through, with the phone away from you elsewhere in the house
3 - It's a remote control to the phone, things like turning the volume, skipping tracks on music etc. You can even remote turn on the camera and a live video feed comes through
4 - It can carry music or podcast inside it, so if you go for a run, you can leave your phone at home and just pair the earbuds to the watch.
6 - Maps and direction

And then all the health stuff, and lots of apps stuff like a calculator, noise level warning etc.

I also find, that in having the watch, I pick my phone up less, which is generally a good thing..
Have an alert pop up on your phone and you can decide if you want to ignore it or not, get a notification on your phone and you pick it up and lose 10 minutes...

As someone switching back to iPhone after a long while, I want to get an Apple Watch to go with it, do you think it's worth the extra to get the series 9 or would the SE be sufficient? What exactly would I be missing out on that matters to the user experience if I went with the SE?

As someone switching back to iPhone after a long while, I want to get an Apple Watch to go with it, do you think it's worth the extra to get the series 9 or would the SE be sufficient? What exactly would I be missing out on that matters to the user experience if I went with the SE?

Main one is the always on display from what I can recall. It's basically a series 5 body with updated chip.

IMG-0633.jpg

6 - Maps and direction

I literally moaned about the battery life and now find myself looking at good deals for the 8 :D - I can't recall with Apple products, will they 8 go down in price considerably over the next few days? What was the RRP of a silicon 45mm 8 GPS?

Last edited:
I literally moaned about the battery life and now find myself looking at good deals for the 8 :D - I can't recall with Apple products, will they 8 go down in price considerably over the next few days? What was the RRP of a silicon 45mm 8 GPS?

I put payment at No.7 but that is very useful, it will even work if your phone is not near by, like go for a run without your phone, you can still buy things with it. Even the wifi only model.

Back
Top Bottom