*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

The offline siri update is long overdue. So annoying when you ask siri to do something like set a reminder / set a timer, and no signal at the time means it can't do it.

Reactions: LiE
Or you could save some going with the Series 7 or 8, they look identical to the 9.
I thought about going with the refurb 8 because as you say they are pretty much identical and a bit of cash saved but ultimately went with the 9 for that little extra peace of mind that the new chip will see me through for the next few years if Apple’s chip cycles are anything to go by.

It’s kind of annoying that the 45mm stainless steel and Ultra are effectively the same price (the ultra is £50 more but comes with a more expensive band). The Ultra is way beyond what I need but it’s much better value.

looking at the Ultra, can get it for £599 with work discount or pay £799 for the mk2 version.

Got an 8 now but it’s scratched and I’m not at all impressed by the 9.

That's the reason I can never justify one. When do people charge them? When do they sleep presumably. I don't see why Apple even have sleep tracking and such when people will be charging it

Never used sleep tracking on the regular watch because you'd end up wasting too much battery but I use it all the time on the Ultra, only uses about 5% battery during the night. On the Ultra apart from charging it which doesn't take long, from about 20/30% to 100% it's only about an hour, its on my wrist 24hrs a day every day otherwise. I have no issues getting 3 days of battery use without power saving features and all features enabled.

About an hour or so for a charge once every 3 days is not that bad. Already pre-ordered the Ultra 2 so looking forward to that :)

Last edited:
Well I’m sold.

I just don’t know if the SE is everything I need, the only thing it lacks which I’d benefit from is fast charging but is it worth paying £150 odd more for the 9 to have it. Decisions, decisions.

Well I’m sold.

I just don’t know if the SE is everything I need, the only thing it lacks which I’d benefit from is fast charging but is it worth paying £150 odd more for the 9 to have it. Decisions, decisions.
Just lacks blood oxygen and ecg, if that matters to you.

Well I’m sold.

Don’t under estimate the value of fast charging. I thought, yeah whatever, but now whenever I use an older charger it seems stupidly slow.

Still can’t believe how bad the battery life is on these. Even the new ultra 2 can only manage 36 hours in normal use. Pathetic!

Just seems light years behind Garmin.

I get 2 and half days constantly with mine with AOD off. I don't see the point of having it on. for show? Anytime I look at my watch it's on. But yeah if Garmin worked with apple fitness I'd never touch one of these watches.
When do people charge them? When do they sleep presumably. I don't see why Apple even have sleep tracking and such when people will be charging it

I charge mine at night like a normal person who accepts sleep tracking is a complete waste of space. As I get two days plus charge out of my series 8 I only charge it every other night. My wife has a series 7 and 'she tracks her sleep' and then moans her battery doesn't get through the day or when we go for a walk in the evening complains her watch just ran out of battery.

I really like the look of the new S9 but really struggling to justify upgrading my current 42mm S3. I know that the new one is essentially better in every respect but as it stands I get nearly 2 days of battery out of my S3 and it is generally fast enough for everything I use it for.

Then I use my wife's 40mm SE (whatever the current one is) and I can see the speed difference and general responsiveness and think, "ooohhh that would be nice".. Then I see the cost to change and I am back to square one.

That said, the only reason she upgraded from her S1 38mm was due to the battery life not even lasting a full day.

Kind of also want to upgrade our XR/XS phones to the 15/15 Pro but have the same mental dilemma. Absolutely the new ones are better in every respect but our current ones are more than adequate.

It's funny, I love tech and will randomly upgrade / side grade or switch out PC components or laptops just so I can tinker with something different. But, when it comes to my phone, I just want it to work and don't care about any of the latest and greatest features.

My S3 is barely ok. Battery life is ok, but it’s slow and a few bugs keep getting me e.g. apps locking my apple account out. Also new functionality such as medication reminders doesn’t work properly on the s3

Well I’m sold.

I have the SE 2nd gen and it does everything I want with no problems. Whis is it you want most from your watch? I use mine for Apple Fitness+, sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring. It is also useful just to have a quick look at notifications from your iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom