*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Pedometer seemed to have a few discrepancies with my steps, StepsApp seemed more accurate, but need to pay for Pro. I'll assess them tomorrow. One says I have done 7500, the other 8100. Surely they get the data from the same place?
That’s the problem I had with Pedometer it seemed to be off what was being shown on the rings which is funny as it should be the same.

StepsApp seemed to always match, which is why I’ve stuck with it. Why would you need Pro out of curiosity?

After trying on a friend's Ultra today, I've pulled the trigger on an Ultra 2 with a trail loop. It will be a nice upgrade on my current S3.

Having not seen/tried the trail loop before, would Apple give the option to swap it in the shop for an Alpine strap (assuming they had stock) if I preferred that?

or is it a case of returning the whole watch for one that comes with the Alpine?
Does anyone have any experience of this?

Would be easier if I didn't have to return the watch and could just swap straps.

Last edited:
That’s the problem I had with Pedometer it seemed to be off what was being shown on the rings which is funny as it should be the same.

StepsApp seemed to always match, which is why I’ve stuck with it. Why would you need Pro out of curiosity?

I’ve never had Pedometer over-report steps, but sometimes it takes a little while to catch up with the rings figure. Usually I just tap the complication to go to the proper screen and it updates.

Maybe StepsApp refreshes more frequently.

Can’t say I’ve ever found it to be an issue.

What strap did most of you go with? I went with the Blue/Grey Alpine Loop in Large and I love it. Maybe could have just about gotten away with the medium though as the metal hook bit is only just off to the side.

If my wrist was any smaller it would be dead center and would catch on table/keyboard/laptop when typing but thankfully just misses it.

Last edited:
I did this a couple of watches back and I had to return the entire package, watch and strap.
That's frustrating, hopefully the strap works ok for me.

I think I'll also grab an Alpine loop also as I like the look of them but need to see the sizing to get it right.

I’ve got large wrists and the M/L Trail Loop is only just big enough for me.

These pictures make it look as though it’s so tight that it’s pinching me. It’s not.

kjp5DE6.jpg

Me3WcFz.jpg

I’ve got large wrists and the M/L Trail Loop is only just big enough for me.

These pictures make it look as though it’s so tight that it’s pinching me. It’s not.

After seeing your pictures and having a look online at some videos showing a bit more detail on the sizing I've decided to change my strap for the M/L.

Apple CS also said as long as they have straps in store I can come in and swap if needed.

What strap did most of you go with? I went with the Blue/Grey Alpine Loop in Large and I love it. Maybe could have just about gotten away with the medium though as the metal hook bit is only just off to the side.

If my wrist was any smaller it would be dead center and would catch on table/keyboard/laptop when typing but thankfully just misses it.

Same type of strap and colour that I went for on the Ultra 2, same fit on my small wrists as well ;)

Cheers all

I was just looking at the stainless steel strap for my SE Gen2 but I don't think I can justify the expense.

The stainless steel strap is the most extravagant Apple purchase I’ve ever made - and I say that as someone who owns a Studio Display. :p

It’s vastly superior to any third-party metal
strap I’ve come across and it’s beautifully engineering but that price. Oof.

Same type of strap and colour that I went for on the Ultra 2, same fit on my small wrists as well ;)

Cheers all
Thought my wrists were large enough, guess not haha. I was a little worried as I’d read that getting to small will mess up the watch as when you take it off the metal hook scrapes against the screen.

Thought my wrists were large enough, guess not haha. I was a little worried as I’d read that getting to small will mess up the watch as when you take it off the metal hook scrapes against the screen.
Just make sure the hook is nearly touching the watch fastener before you take it off your wrist.

I have got the rubber divers type strap for it for when I am paddle boarding or wing surfing as I can wear the watch over a wetsuit, but still prefer the comfort of the Alpine loop for normal everyday use.

Cheers all

The stainless steel strap is the most extravagant Apple purchase I’ve ever made - and I say that as someone who owns a Studio Display. :p

It’s vastly superior to any third-party metal
strap I’ve come across and it’s beautifully engineering but that price. Oof.
I keep looking at the Apple stainless bracelet but I'd need the extra link kit. I can save a few quid via an EPP but you're right, it's very expensive. And I've got two Studio Displays :)

Now I have steps on my display I’m curious what other apps people have on their iPhone so it can display on their watch! Sorry if there’s a thread for such a thing :)
There isn't. Perhaps there should be.

I don't have much extra installed on my watch apart from the default apps, the only extras are 1Password, AccuWeather, Duo, HeartWatch, Pedometer++ and Shazam.

Right I currently have a Series 4 SS but it seems that the new watchOS 10 is eating the battery and it seems to struggle to make it to the end of the day. I’m considering either the Series 9 or pony up for the Ultra 2. I got relatively thin wrists and I was wondering if it will look too big and bulky ? I use the standard sports band on the S/M strap on the second to last notch. Anyone with small wrists share their experience with an Ultra/ Ultra 2 at all.

I wear a sport band on the same notch and got an ultra 2, it is a chunky watch but not overly so.

Apple have a 14 day any reason return policy, so give it a go.

Battery life is so much better and the flat screen is a lot better.

5dYtt3U.jpg

Last edited:
I wear a sport band on the same notch and got an ultra 2, it is a chunky watch but not overly so.

Apple have a 14 day any reason return policy, so give it a go.

Battery life is so much better and the flat screen is a lot better.

5dYtt3U.jpg
Which band did you buy the Ultra with ? I’m thinking of getting the Ocean White band and just using either my white or midnight sports band with it.

Heh, I've tried sports bands, I much prefer the trail loop/sports loop style.

I know the battery is significantly better than the normal model but it's been twelve hours since I put the Ultra 2 on my wrist this morning and it's had reasonably heavy use around the house.

It's only down to 81%.

Back
Top Bottom