*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
Here's my 12 inch dobsonian. I've not had a chance to use it since last winter unfortunately, however, I hope to get back up onto Dartmoor this winter.

Tell you what though, you cannot be wearing enough clothing to be on Dartmoor, at night, in the winter. :D

MmCGele.jpg

Soldato
Cheers Tibbz2 :) looks a lot more useful than what came attached.

Definitely get a telrad. The 9x50 finderscope on my dob (pic posted above) can definitely be a pain in the ass to use. Apart from the back ache, it can sometimes be harder to find things due its magnification. I know it should be aligned, but as soon as it gets cold and the metal restricts, it shifts position. The car journey doesn't help either.

Man of Honour

Billions of years ago when the Red Planet was young, it appears to have had a thick atmosphere that was warm enough to support oceans of liquid water - a critical ingredient for life. The animation shows how the surface of Mars might have appeared during this ancient clement period, beginning with a flyover of a Martian lake. The artist's concept is based on evidence that Mars was once very different. Rapidly moving clouds suggest the passage of time, and the shift from a warm and wet to a cold and dry climate is shown as the animation progresses. The lakes dry up, while the atmosphere gradually transitions from Earthlike blue skies to the dusty pink and tan hues seen on Mars today.

Back
Top Bottom