***The Official Asus Eee PC Thread***

Soldato
Yes, quicker SSD's do really speed up these PC's ;) although I really don't understand people's need for Vista/Windows 7 etc...You need a minimal lightweight operating system just capable of running everything !,which XP is

C64

C64

Soldato
Is it normal for the asus Eee pc 900 16gb model to take ages to do anything under xp ? Someones given me one to look at say it's slow and cant connect to wireless.As far as I can tell it's slow even under slow mode takes an age to do anything, think it's one of those fabled dodgy 16gb models with the bad utterly useless not able to run xp on SSD's?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi, I can't seem to be able to find the VRMs on this board. They don't appear to be like the traditional types I see on desktop boards. If you could point them out that would be really helpful. Kind regards

Page 3 has a diagram of the power supply implementation.

The MAX8724 chip provides battery control and manages the AC input, you've then got a APM7120 PWM chip and various transistors/mosfets like the 2N7002 providing the standby power rails and a 3V supply using AP4800 mosfet and H431 adjustable regulator. More so than a typical motherboard you've got a lot of low power components doing voltage regulation and switching near the point of load.

EDIT: Depending on why you are trying to repair it but these days you can get pocket PCs in a better form factor and many times more powerful than the Eee for around £300 - I replaced mine with a GPD Pocket some years back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom