*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Have been playing for two days now and am generally happy about the performance I’m getting. The game defaulted to Ultra at 3440x1440p ultrawide and I’m getting 90-100FPS most of the time. The game runs smoothly and when I get any lag everyone in my squad gets it too. It seems to be tied to some levolution on the maps. This is with 5950x, RTX3080 Vision and 32GB 3200MHz RAM.

things I don’t like are, as usual, vehicles being way too strong. You can hit a tank four or five times with the M4 and they’re still running around. Same with things like the hovercraft, massive amounts of HP or ridiculously low damage done by the M4. Anti tank mines are a high level unlock so at the moment ground vehicles are running around with relative impunity ripping people to shreds. That you don’t get a damage value from your vehicle hits is a travesty. You have no idea how much damage you’ve done and a hit to the side or rear feels the same because of this.

Helicopters are strong too, but thankfully teams have learned pretty quickly that even just three or four people running Stingers can take them down pretty quickly. They do need a longer range against jets though, by the time you get a lock it they’re either dropping their ECM and then out of range.

Caporegime

And the age old enemy of battlefield, hit reg. You hear about people unloading mags into someone then they turn around and get taken out in a couple of shots, actual proof of it. :p

Man of Honour
And the age old enemy of battlefield, hit reg. You hear about people unloading mags into someone then they turn around and get taken out in a couple of shots, actual proof of it. :p

I've actually had that happen, emptied a whole mag point blank into someone and somehow failed to kill them. Amazing after all these years how many games have troubles with hitreg. I'm sure it will be tweaked soon though

Caporegime
Had a few games as it's "free" on play pro. Seemed to run ok......what's the best way of taking out tanks......

Running 80-100 FFPS @ 1440p, have turned off RTX and turned a few things down though. Could easily turn down a load more but seems ok at that FPS.

C4(or whatever it is) or the recoiless m5. I'm going to assume there are weak spots mind

Caporegime

Hah

I had a friend who seemed to glitch and then turn into an enemy, but still be in our squad, have no icon or anything (friend or foe) and was invincible :p

Last edited:
Associate
Have been playing for two days now and am generally happy about the performance I’m getting. The game defaulted to Ultra at 3440x1440p ultrawide and I’m getting 90-100FPS most of the time. The game runs smoothly and when I get any lag everyone in my squad gets it too. It seems to be tied to some levolution on the maps. This is with 5950x, RTX3080 Vision and 32GB 3200MHz RAM.

things I don’t like are, as usual, vehicles being way too strong. You can hit a tank four or five times with the M4 and they’re still running around. Same with things like the hovercraft, massive amounts of HP or ridiculously low damage done by the M4. Anti tank mines are a high level unlock so at the moment ground vehicles are running around with relative impunity ripping people to shreds. That you don’t get a damage value from your vehicle hits is a travesty. You have no idea how much damage you’ve done and a hit to the side or rear feels the same because of this.

Helicopters are strong too, but thankfully teams have learned pretty quickly that even just three or four people running Stingers can take them down pretty quickly. They do need a longer range against jets though, by the time you get a lock it they’re either dropping their ECM and then out of range.

Well to be honest, a tank should be relatively hard to kill. It's a tank. Now the Hovercraft and the Dune buggy thing, those are laughable at the moment. They can survive four direct tank rounds. That crap has to be toned down.

And don't forget a tank can easily be killed with C4, people just need to learn how to fight them. Tanks in BF2042 are really poor at fighting infantry up close.

Caporegime
Well to be honest, a tank should be relatively hard to kill. It's a tank. Now the Hovercraft and the Dune buggy thing, those are laughable at the moment. They can survive four direct tank rounds. That crap has to be toned down.

And don't forget a tank can easily be killed with C4, people just need to learn how to fight them. Tanks in BF2042 are really poor at fighting infantry up close.
C5 isn’t unlocked until level 12 or something. AT mines are level 35 I think. You can’t laser designate vehicles until level 40 something I’m sure. Vehicles basically are getting free range until these unlocks given the poor damage given by the M4.

Caporegime
Who on earth approves this? How can basic issues not be caught in testing...

The only approval from the ea overlords is the game getting sent out in time for the christmas sales, any issues with the game can attempt to be addressed with multi gigabyte patches. I'd love to know what type of internal testing these games have, it wouldn't appear to be much at all.

V F

V F

Soldato
The only approval from the ea overlords is the game getting sent out in time for the christmas sales, any issues with the game can attempt to be addressed with multi gigabyte patches.

Ok, look at Cyberpunk. Over a year later and still has glaring issues from what I've read. Yes it has gotten better but it's still not launch quality. Even Battlefield V didn't exactly end up stellar from what I've heard from people after all this time. They've got the money from the people though.

Yet the disgrace and embarrassment from Cyberpunk hasn't seemed to have changed any ways. Lets keep making the same mistakes expecting a different outcome.

Associate
I don't understand how these maps got greenlighted for release?

All previous BF titles had some bad maps but there's not a single semi decent one in BF2042. I've never seen such lazy map design before, maybe they are troll maps and we'll get the proper ones next week?

Back
Top Bottom