*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
I don't understand how these maps got greenlighted for release?

All previous BF titles had some bad maps but there's not a single semi decent one in BF2042. I've never seen such lazy map design before, maybe they are troll maps and we'll get the proper ones next week?

Care to elaborate? I like the maps I've played as far as I can remember.

Associate
Playing on lowest gfx settings and reducing resolution down to 1920x1200 (from 2560x1440) has at least let me play the game without rebooting the PC.

Soldato
Care to elaborate? I like the maps I've played as far as I can remember.
their all Just bland,

Their just large for the sake of being large, Take the desert map with the stadium. lets say in the real world that the surrounding area is carpark & secruity, Dont see any over heads lights for Night time. nothing for cover from stadium to the building
Its like what they did was go right BIG map fill it with few buildings & nothing else that actually makes it feel real.

Compare to this karkand in bf2 Streets, alleyways street lights Pot holes, other random littered cars/ bins.

Then you look at the dessert map nothing

The container map is lot more realistic, but the rest lack any realism. could have one of the container carriers usable, no security offices

i don't think ANY of the current maps will be wanted by fans in BF6 lets put it that way.

i like to to go on a map that feels real & i could go their in Real life & know thats the bf map.

Karkand, Great baazar, operation metro, operation firestorm, seine crossing, wake island all feel real & lived in

These new maps have no thought on how they are "lived" imho

Caporegime
Looking at the load outs screen it's not fgoing to be possible to run an engineer load out of anti vehicle rocket/missile and At Mines or Repair tool. Which absolutely guts the available Engineer load outs.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
It's fun so far and I think has a great potential. It has a DICE launch sized share of bugs which is sadly to be expected but hopefully sorted soon. It really nails the feel of a conquest BF title which I was worried DICE were drifting away from.

Caporegime
Interesting how one of the portal mode options is for the character to be able to crawl when downed...just like a battle royale game. I don't think thats ever been in a bf game except maybe firestorm on bfv..

Caporegime
It's in the hazard mode.

Yup, a battle royale feature at that.

3 years of development (allegedly), 4 studios working on it, no campaign mode to sidetrack MP development and they release a game with 7 maps and 20 odd weapons and simplified mechanics. Somethings not adding up here. With the amount of studios involved you'd expect something that would dwarf previous entries in the series.

Caporegime

3 years of development (allegedly), 4 studios working on it, no campaign mode to sidetrack MP development and they release a game with 7 maps and 20 odd weapons and simplified mechanics. Somethings not adding up here. With the amount of studios involved you'd expect something that would dwarf previous entries in the series.

Yes, it's a different mode. Played it a few times, nice to mix it up a bit.

Soldato
Proper Marmite game this reading the forums, I'm loving every aspect of it, Portal and the main game, I'd say it's 50/50, you either love it or hate it.

I've just maxed out the M5A3, my god it's lazer beam with the top end attachments. I find sub machine guns pretty pointless when I can stick a short barrel, 9mm rounds and hip fire perks on my M5A3 and it shreads close range.

Caporegime

Ripple effect worked exclusively on Portal AFAIK.

Caporegime
Perhaps a case of too many cooks rather than so many cooks.

More than likely this (happens for all areas of development, throwing more Devs and different studios at a few problems just introduces far more problems than what were originally there, suspect it was a decision from the stakehokders/management who don't actually understand the technical/development side and just simply think more is better....) and also the ones who made BC 2, bf 3 and 4 what they were have all more than likely moved on from dice.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see bf franchise get abandoned after having 4 disasters in a row now and tbh, it's probably for the best until we get a proper next gen leap a few years down the line.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wouldn't be surprised if we see bf franchise get abandoned after having 4 disasters in a row now

Bf1 wasn't a disaster by any means, it sold very well. 15 million+, which was a lot more than even bf4 managed. Certain players just didn't like it as they would prefer one stacked team stomp another badly instead of dice trying to combat this using the Behemoth system. In the end it never really worked out and the behemoths didn't have the impact they thought.

Man of Honour
I dread to think what would happen to the genre if BF ceased. No matter what you may think of BF2042, its still the only regular opponent to CoD. If BF ceased from here on in, CoD would effectively have exclusive dominance in the genre and thats never a good thing for any genre.

Back
Top Bottom