*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
my BF4 says 50 hours played.

was it that bad at release?
Yeah it was an absolute mess on release. People forgot as it was fixed in the end.
There was many people who simply couldn't play it as it just crashed all the time or had horrible performance. While it worked most of the time for me, there was one map where the sound would always break before the end of the round.

Soldato
Redownloaded 1, 3 & 4 as 2042 is just not fun to play.

Played a few games of BF1 and to me it's peak Battlefield. WW1 is not everyone's cup of tea but the sounds, atmosphere, maps are just *chefs kiss*

Associate
Redownloaded 1, 3 & 4 as 2042 is just not fun to play.

Played a few games of BF1 and to me it's peak Battlefield. WW1 is not everyone's cup of tea but the sounds, atmosphere, maps are just *chefs kiss*
I tend to swap between 1, 4 and 5. Currently I'm on a 1 binge and am enjoying it. Finally getting some of those guns unlocked.

Soldato
You played it right? I can't see how anyone is surprised it went down so quickly.

The beta warmed us how bad it was going to be and the trial rubberstamped it.
Yeah I played the beta and it was awful so I decided not to buy until is was better, that's not seemed to happen.
BFV got slated on release by a number of people but it still held up (player count wise), this is finally the straw that broke the camels back for bF series though.
I do think it is deserving of a low player count, I'm surprised that we actually got to that point with a BF game

Soldato
I would expect higher player count on origin but I can't believe how quickly it's gone downhill.

Yeah I imagine a much larger percentage of players use Origin, however comparing both 2042 and V on steam, shows a huge difference in player base.

I've been playing it most nights (helicopter main) and I'm done with it now, everything is so half arsed and half baked.

Caporegime
The game is basically still a beta and has literally no redeeming qualities. Looking back BFV is double the game 2042 is and is literally the weakest game out of them in itself. Whoever signed the game off should be black listed for life.

I have gone totally off piste and have over 100 hours on dayz already! At least it is fun whilst being buggy :p.

Caporegime
BATTLEFIELD BRIEFING - THE JOURNEY TO SEASON ONE

You’ve waited patiently to hear from us on what we’re doing to address the issues with Battlefield 2042 that you have told us about, and the direction you can expect to see us take in the months ahead. Today we are stating our team's commitment to bring the game up to the highest standards that we all hold for the franchise.

We have heard you. So, we are heavily invested and committed to the future of Battlefield 2042 – working on taking action on multiple fronts to address feedback and implement extensive fixes to the game, key features that are important to you, and getting team play where it needs to be.
We’ve had to make some big decisions to ensure that our next set of updates can be focused on delivering these improvements, with the most substantial one being to move the release date of our first Season to early Summer.

This decision gives us the time to focus on improving the Battlefield 2042 experience while finalizing the development of our seasonal content to ensure that it all reaches our standard for quality.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...&utm_medium=social&cid=72939&ts=1643724856349

Early Summer?!?!

V F

V F

Soldato
Final nail in the coffin then, player numbers are already dwindling and people on average game less in the summer months.

Pretty bad what the state of the game really was if it's going to take until the summer to supposedly fix a lot. Let alone the so called marketing gurus they have. Most don't target summer.

Most will have moved on by then if not already. Since games are all about trends nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom