*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Didn't see any power sliding in those vids after a skim which is good. The footstep audio seemed almost non existent though, is this his settings or has this always been the case? I haven't played BF for a while. Watching some of the old maps made it look like they were just showing an older BF, wonder if they are going to be enhanced in any way.

Caporegime

Watching this vid earlier, looks like the ammo for vehicles is more akin to bf1 where it sort of replenishes after a short time, the missiles go to zero for the heli then it starts to build back up again.

Looks a bit odd seeing enemy helicopters with static rotors, presumably this is something that will be addressed.

Caporegime

Watching this vid earlier, looks like the ammo for vehicles is more akin to bf1 where it sort of replenishes after a short time, the missiles go to zero for the heli then it starts to build back up again.

Looks a bit odd seeing enemy helicopters with static rotors, presumably this is something that will be addressed.
So when I was in a little rid they regenerated automatically. Not sure I agree with it, and they came back easily fast enough for multiple passes against vehicles within 10-15 seconds. Needs pushed out a bit I think but is something that’s easily tweaked. The blades start to show at close range so was likely turned off for this test. Or distance set for performance reasons.

Caporegime
So when I was in a little rid they regenerated automatically. Not sure I agree with it, and they came back easily fast enough for multiple passes against vehicles within 10-15 seconds. Needs pushed out a bit I think but is something that’s easily tweaked. The blades start to show at close range so was likely turned off for this test. Or distance set for performance reasons.

The missile barrage was a bit ott in the video, initially i thought they had a stupid amount to fire then realised the regen of them was just too fast.

Can't say i'm a fan of the "uniforms" on show in the vids either, doesn't really look very military at all.

Soldato
Survey filled in, but annoyed at the lack of an option to enter comments for a few questions. Put in that I had no idea about the vehicle call in stuff, but no box next to it to explain that I literally didn't know about the option to do so. Maybe I missed the memo! Likewise I gave iffy feedback around the spot action, but no space to explain my issue with it being that half the time it just put a "go here marker" rather than saying I'd spotted an enemy.

On the whole the game felt good, obvious issues like graphics/bugs aside. They should be able to iron out these issues easily, hopefully leaving us with a solid game.

Associate
It seems pretty good this, I'll be buying it, and reckon I'll get a good 50 odd hours out of it.

I'm not upgrading from Ryzen 1600X and GTX 1070 though, so I hope it runs OK...

Soldato

What's the network performance like? Does hit reg feel okay and is there much lag? Do they have that overlay that shows you packet loss in the tech playtest?

Did any-one feel the sound was a bit over crowded, making it hard to pin point things at times. Sniper gameplay so satisfying.

Yeah audio doesn't seem great but it does sound the same as previous titles. Would be nice if they improved it.

Caporegime
What's the network performance like? Does hit reg feel okay and is there much lag? Do they have that overlay that shows you packet loss in the tech playtest?

Yeah audio doesn't seem great but it does sound the same as previous titles. Would be nice if they improved it.
30FPS didn’t make for a great experience but I saw very little lag or rubber banding, it played quite well once I actually got into a game. I could see and feel the potential.

Soldato
Oh Christ seeing that shield crap makes me instantly not want to buy this game, I've played a few games that you can throw up shields and they are annoying as hell.

Honestly, I don't have high hoped for Battlefield..i think they've lost their way since BF4.

Back
Top Bottom