*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Well I'm hooked, either mowing people down in a Helicopter or shooting them out of the sky :p ( Better stop playing though, don't want to be burnt out already lol )

Soldato
So when I start the game (if it connects!) its at some weird resolution, if I change the display mode and click apply nothing happens and I cannot select a resolution - any ideas?

Discovered if you have more than one display adapter enabled it causes this, I disabled my 2nd GPU and it actually let me change settings, sadly it doesnt remember those settings with the gpu enabled. Hopefully nvidia will fix it in a driver update (if you have igpu it can still cause the same issue).

Man of Honour
Honestly the big bad tornado is really....pretty pish. Maybe it has something to do with not that many real structures on this map but people just run towards it so they can go on essentially a fairground ride. It's meant to be something you're afraid of, but in reality people are using it as a big slingshot to fart ass around in parachutes.

I've not even had a map with it on, all I have had is the rocket map, how do you get the map with the tornado on?

Man of Honour
Well I'm hooked, either mowing people down in a Helicopter or shooting them out of the sky :p ( Better stop playing though, don't want to be burnt out already lol )

Got to say, I'm loving it too, I remember playing the BF5 beta and I played that for about 1 hour before saying Nope, not for me and it became the first Battlefield game in the series that I didnt buy. I've now put in 5 hours on the BF2042 beta and its a definite buy for me so its a thumbs up from me :)

Soldato
Am not enjoying it. I hate the gunplay something feels off, dislike the AI, UI is so bad and what is with the blue filter? Lol

I'll keep playing but do far its a EA play title for a few months.

DICE have learned nothing.

Man of Honour
I get the feeling its going to be another marmite BF title, there are those who love BF1 and those who hate it, those who love BF5 and those who hate it, looks like BF2042 is going to be just as divisive of opinion. Got to go back pretty far to think of the last BF title that was universally loved. Maybe 3, but even then a couple of my mates hated that too, so maybe further back even than that.

Soldato
Had few games last night with people on discord channel from here great fun, loved it all.

The Hud is far too big mind. Still not seen the tornado myself

Soldato
No one liked BF1 when it came out due to the random bullet spread and sweet spot sniper gameplay there was raging across the internet, people went straight back to BF4. BF5 came out and BF1 was the best BF in years, 5 was tripe. Now people are saying oh well back to BF5 having played the 2042 beta.
I'd hate to be the devs, BF fans are the hardest to please when you give them something new.

Associate
Ok if thats the best of the maps Mehhh

vehical spawns are to fast
helicopter flares recharge needs a nerf
ttk is to slow for infantry weapons but close
everything feels disjointed

really undecided but happy I canceled the preorder and got ea play plus the kids are playing some new games at least

Associate
No one liked BF1 when it came out due to the random bullet spread and sweet spot sniper gameplay there was raging across the internet, people went straight back to BF4. BF5 came out and BF1 was the best BF in years, 5 was tripe. Now people are saying oh well back to BF5 having played the 2042 beta.
I'd hate to be the devs, BF fans are the hardest to please when you give them something new.

played about five rounds yesterday got settled by the 4th and played with two friends

after the 5th we all said bugger this and played warzone for 3 hours

Associate
Well the performance doesnt seem that great at 1440p no matter the settings I put it on.

Ive tried everything from "Low" to "Max Fidelity" and its always 60-80fps. Sometimes up to 100fps if im lucky. I dont know why its so low.

pretty much the same can change nearly any setting and it still sits at 95-100 on a rx6700xt

Associate
My take on what I have played so far @4k on a 3080 various settings tried.

Performance seems to be good at the start of the round but gets gradually worse during a round. Not sure if this is due to number of AI bots present at start of round or the dynamic events during the round.
Visibility is horrendous during the dynamic events.
Map is too big and could definitely have been condensed.
When playing in low field of view it is jarring but is smoothed out by maxing the FOV slider.
Lots of graphical glitches noticed not very polished.

Improvements could be made and I am going to wait till final release before making a final decision on whether to purchase.

I might be purchasing a 1440p monitor for gaming in the meantime for more frames in other games so that might help smooth out the performance issues.

Permabanned
map is not openable in beta, probably bug or something but it is triggering me and stopped me from playing. i cant believe this

it also constantly stutter ; i have ryzen 3600 cpu i dont know if it plays a part. its not that old cpu. but i see stutter report from my friend 9900k so i guess problem is widespread.

whenever i move camera fast , it stutter randomly... very jarring experience all around. its like game struggles to stream new world data or something.....

battlefield 5 DX12 WAS THE SAME! dx11 mode was smooth as butter. I CANNOT understand how or why DICE cant get dx12 on PC right? its crazy?? werent these guys that co-developed MANTLE with AMD back then in battlefield 4=? and that game ran like dream and smooth buttery. and dx12 is like mantle and stuff no? interesting stuff really.

I mean, even the MENUS are laggy somehow. even alt-tabbing feels off. just 4 days prior, i played halo infinite open preview, it was leagues better. consistend and smooth alt tab and out. menus are smooth, no problem, dx12. it has some problems of its own, but nowhere near this bad.

yeah 128 player it have. but map is so huge that i didn't even see 20 people in 30 minutes of gameplay. i saw however all of 28 players in halo infinite big team battle in a span of 10 mins. so the 128 player point kinda becomes moot a bit, no?

this game needs improvemens hugely, it must perform a bit more smoothly. im okay with anythinga bove 60 fps. just dont be stuttery please. and a smaller map would be good. then i can consider getting it. else, i would play free halo infinite instead :confused: why cant i directly throw my grenade. its year 2042 huh? press g, and then press left click to throw the bomb. how convenient. they try to reinvent fps game mechanics or what?

Soldato
why cant i directly throw my grenade. its year 2042 huh? press g, and then press left click to throw the bomb. how convenient. they try to reinvent fps game mechanics or what?
I'm 100% on this... when i hit G just thorw the grenade... as by the time I've pulede it out then clicked my momentum has gone PLUS, when I throw one I don't still want to be on grenade I wanna be on gun it's cost me a few kills and deaths last night that did. Very clumsy and slow and never used to be like this. The control for the planes and heli's is way off, not sure why we would change what already worked for the last 11 years... graphics not bad but not an improvement over BFV right now... BUT running feels great and feel IN the game and not ON the game like BFV... fingers crossed they can change a little of the grenage mechanism as that for me spoils the quickness of my play!

I'm running the gear below and at 1440p it's averaging 78fps maxed out according to AMD software so happy with that but 4k wow... 20-35fps... not good at all... so, looks like 1440p is the sweet spot which is a little annoying as BFV looked as good and ran averaging 88fps at 4k with 80 sharpness... so performance is halfed and graphics not really any better? Infact I'd say worse in places?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom