*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
the whole game has died lol, I haven't played it for weeks now,

apparently it sounds like EA are on the fence about abandoning it and not releasing content, although I'm not sure if that's just streamers telling lies for clicks,

Caporegime
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/245663

A post called Battlefield Core Feedback has details from Electronic Arts on how it is incorporating feedback about map design into its plans to make improvements to Battlefield 2042. The post goes into detail on planned changes, but admits they "will require substantial development time" and not all the changes "will be available to you in-game simultaneously across all of our library of maps." The first map to be changed for both Conquest and Breakthrough will be Kaleidoscope, and it will likely be updated during Season One. The five areas identified for improvement are Traversal, Intensity, Line of Sight, Paths, and Cover. Here's an overview:

Based on your feedback, we’ll outline 5 main topics we’ve identified around the current problems that we face with gameplay on maps, their cause, and our current thought process and proposed changes on addressing these problems. Our intent for this is to be an open discussion with you, so we’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback about our updated design goals for maps to ensure that we’re making the right calls to bring improvements to the gameplay experience.

Caporegime
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/245663

A post called Battlefield Core Feedback has details from Electronic Arts on how it is incorporating feedback about map design into its plans to make improvements to Battlefield 2042. The post goes into detail on planned changes, but admits they "will require substantial development time" and not all the changes "will be available to you in-game simultaneously across all of our library of maps." The first map to be changed for both Conquest and Breakthrough will be Kaleidoscope, and it will likely be updated during Season One. The five areas identified for improvement are Traversal, Intensity, Line of Sight, Paths, and Cover. Here's an overview:

Based on your feedback, we’ll outline 5 main topics we’ve identified around the current problems that we face with gameplay on maps, their cause, and our current thought process and proposed changes on addressing these problems. Our intent for this is to be an open discussion with you, so we’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback about our updated design goals for maps to ensure that we’re making the right calls to bring improvements to the gameplay experience.

Lol, overhauling all this crap is gonna take months, and that's only a small portion of what's needing done, stick a fork in this turkey and move on. Headhunt a few competent ex dice devs for the next game and give people that bought this crap 50% off the next game.

Caporegime
How did they manage to mess this up so much? even battlefield 5 and battlefield 1 are heaps better than this

Because it was made by a pack of noob devs as most of the dice veterans seemingly got bored with the company being a 1 trick pony with stupid deadlines and ****** off elsewhere.

And there's plenty of talk that the game was going to be a battle royale centric game that they changed direction late in development, hence the empty maps with zero detail and nothing but open spaces, no class system, laughably small amount of weapons, etc.

There was one article claiming that it took them over half the development time getting the game to work properly in the engine, then ea had to rope in devs from all over the place to get something slapped together in time for "holidays 2021". Of course they tried to spin the amount of studios involved as a positive...but the end result says it all.

Caporegime
Hell yeh, GOTY patch! :cry:

DICE has announced that Battlefield 2042’s Update 3.3 will release tomorrow. This new patch will introduce an updated Scoreboard, and fixes some bugs and crashes. Moreover, DICE revealed its full patch notes that you can find below.

DICE has also detailed the next update for Battlefield 2042. This next update will release in early April. According to the devs, it will include a larger set of changes and fixes, as well as the introduction of VOIP functionality for Squads, and the refreshed Scoreboard being available during End of Round. Additionally, it will have some balance changes for weaponry on vehicles.

As always, Origin will download this patch once it becomes available. And, without further ado, here is its complete changelog.

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/b...es-tomorrow-adds-scoreboard-full-patch-notes/

Caporegime
Hell yeh, GOTY patch! :cry:

DICE has announced that Battlefield 2042’s Update 3.3 will release tomorrow. This new patch will introduce an updated Scoreboard, and fixes some bugs and crashes. Moreover, DICE revealed its full patch notes that you can find below.

DICE has also detailed the next update for Battlefield 2042. This next update will release in early April. According to the devs, it will include a larger set of changes and fixes, as well as the introduction of VOIP functionality for Squads, and the refreshed Scoreboard being available during End of Round. Additionally, it will have some balance changes for weaponry on vehicles.

As always, Origin will download this patch once it becomes available. And, without further ado, here is its complete changelog.

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/b...es-tomorrow-adds-scoreboard-full-patch-notes/

Mental, it's like reading a change log from a game back in 2000 or something, "yeah! We've introduced a scoreboard! How cool is that? And VOIP!"

Last edited:
Associate
Can't bring myself to return to this, was the same 3 maps all the time and I hated the fact it searched for an entirely new game each round.

BF4 and BFV are back on my playlist now and are both MUCH better.

Associate
Can't bring myself to return to this, was the same 3 maps all the time and I hated the fact it searched for an entirely new game each round.

BF4 and BFV are back on my playlist now and are both MUCH better.
Don't forget BF1.
Gotten back into it heavily over the last few months (I normally switch between 1,4 and V) and am really enjoying it again.

Back
Top Bottom