Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Associate
Havent played since Saturday. There has been several hours of downtime since then to address the server issues. Can anyone tell me if there has been an improvement?
I wasn't able to play in the same squad as my mates (party of 3). Every time we got into a game we were on different sides, random disconnects, lag etc

Last edited:
Associate
I am still fairly new to this BF universe having been a COD boy but I must admit I am loving this game, far more tactical, less frustration and harder.
I am not interested in the SP, never have been for FPS type games, I'm all about the MP.

I have put 7+ hours of actual gametime into this already and am still learning what all the icons mean, have no idea how to revivie someone, or tell when someone requests ammo or health.

I end up just throwing packs randomly around for people. Its even worse when I have changed class and forgot, so I switch to what I think is an RPG only to dump an ammo pack lol.

What I do need to do is find some friends to play with. I see people actually playing like squads which I find quite hard when you cannot hear your squad mates. I quite often find myself runnning into a room with 2 or 3 people and getting fried (in COD I would often stil lcome out victorious, in this, no chance).

the only thing I find annoying is sniper rifles. I cannot seem to get a headshot no matter where I aim on or above the guy :(

Soldato
hi

Im still really miffed on how i select addons ive unlocked for the AKS-74u , for instance ive just unlocked the fore grip for it but i don't know where i can select the addons for this weapon as in customize soldier on the home screen all the options are for the American side only.

So where do i customize Russian weapons?

thanks

Associate
hi

Im still really miffed on how i select addons ive unlocked for the AKS-74u , for instance ive just unlocked the fore grip for it but i don't know where i can select the addons for this weapon as in customize soldier on the home screen all the options are for the American side only.

So where do i customize Russian weapons?

thanks

Before you spawn hit square (PS3) or X (Xbox) and you will go too the customise screen where you can select your gun and attachments.

Soldato
I've been playing this all weekend now, I love it, don't get me wrong, I do have a couple of gripes though when comparing to BC2, the only other battlefield I've played. (On PS3)

Destruction - this was bigged up before but it seems much worse than BC2, I used to use C4 all the time to blow holes in the sides of buildings to get in or out, now this is impossible. Also you can't shoot trees down with a sniper rifle if they are blocking your view now :(

Can you mute an individual player on the PS3? I can't work out how.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Just curious but is this any good? I have the pc version which is brill but does have its share of problems. Might just buy it for my son.

Associate
I've been playing this all weekend now, I love it, don't get me wrong, I do have a couple of gripes though when comparing to BC2, the only other battlefield I've played. (On PS3)

Destruction - this was bigged up before but it seems much worse than BC2, I used to use C4 all the time to blow holes in the sides of buildings to get in or out, now this is impossible. Also you can't shoot trees down with a sniper rifle if they are blocking your view now :(

Can you mute an individual player on the PS3? I can't work out how.

i think the destruction is spot on now best in series....

before a c4 or grenade would take out a wall first time wether it was brick mud, concrete or reinforced concrete. Where as now depending on the material it may take 1 or 2 or more blasts to make a hole large enough to jump through.

take a look next time buildings with reinforced concrete start to crack and crumble before falling down.

i do remember felling trees with a sniper rifle which i thought was a bit of a cheat anyway as the sniper rifle would one shot trees yet the humvee mounted 50 cals would need quite a few rounds to fell a tree..? plus can you fell a tree with a sniper rifle in real life??( i dont know)

Associate
Had my first game of BF3 last night, decided to jump straight into the MP.

Have to say it was tough, my pea shooter not really doing much to all the level 20-25's running around.

But then I decided to play it more cagey instead of running blindly into rooms etc, and enjoyed slightly more marginal success.

Not had any problems with lag or connection so far, just my skills ;)

Hopefully a few more games in and some unlocks will help address the balance !

Soldato
I was starting to enjoy this last night, kharg island, as engineer and with one squad mate, driving around in a tank and buggy, managed to get a possitve K/D finishing top with 20k/4 deaths.

Still not amused by the input lag, and also the knife, i found a dude with mortars so crept up and stabbed him, twice and nothing, he noticed and ran off so i had to shot him in the back.

hopefully EA will correct the voip bug with more than 2 members as well, only getting half a convo is bloody anoying.

Associate
I have a question.
How do I back out of a lobby once a game is finished?
So far the only way I have managed it is to start the next round and then quit :(

Associate
Had my first game of BF3 last night, decided to jump straight into the MP.

Have to say it was tough, my pea shooter not really doing much to all the level 20-25's running around.

But then I decided to play it more cagey instead of running blindly into rooms etc, and enjoyed slightly more marginal success.

Not had any problems with lag or connection so far, just my skills ;)

Hopefully a few more games in and some unlocks will help address the balance !

The main thing is learning the maps and giving yourself a tactical advantage. Think this is the worst thing for when playing new maps as get battered till you get your movement sorted out. The upgrades don't really over power apart from a few. I think a few got tweaked in BC2.

I've had a problem getting the revive to work. No server problems though.

Back
Top Bottom