*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Seriously, is this game worth purchasing? As i didn't get a great chance of playing it as i was busy with things in real life, and i'm seeing rather mixed comments regarding BF5.

Best find a trial to see if you like it as opinions are divided

Personally bugs and rewriting history aside, it's the best BF since BF2

Associate
Saving my cash until I actually see a positive review. Hopefully like BF4 they eventually fix it!
In all fairness they are mostly 75% plus. Some people seem to be bitching on it simply because it may be a different kind of gameplay from the BF they are used to (want to?) play. Sure there are bugs and the 24 hour patch delay wasn't ideal but remember it's only been out a couple of weeks. And yes, it's 2018 and everything should just work straight out the box first time. I personally wasn't wowed over with it when I first started on it but I'm really getting into it now. And it's cheap enough at the moment, thanks to the poor take up, that it's probably worth a shot. Once it gets going properly EA won't hesitate to get the price back up again.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-v
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/battlefield-5-review/
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/11/17/battlefield-v-a-multiplayer-review
https://www.gamespace.com/reviews/battlefield-v-welcome-to-the-war/

Associate
Started playing the campaign yesterday. Where do you find out what the lvl challenges are? Notebooks obviously just found lying about but can't see any info for the dozen challenges...

Associate
Soldato
I genuinely think this is my favourite BF release since bf3. There's still stuff to iron out, but the core of the game is solid and they seem to be listening to the community feedback.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Seriously, is this game worth purchasing? As i didn't get a great chance of playing it as i was busy with things in real life, and i'm seeing rather mixed comments regarding BF5.

I really like BF V and it's a improvement in over BF 1, in some way as I have said before the gun play play feels like BF:BC2.

If you are on the fence about buying it, sign up for Origin Access Basic (£3.99 - 10H Gameplay) or Premier (£14.99 - Unlimited Gameplay) and that should help you decide.

Soldato
Its better since the patch but there's a mountain of bugs in it.

- Ammo and health crates falling through the floor when you're on a bridge or house
- Bipods are completely useless and don't deploy on most objects in the game. Hell they don't even deploy if you lay on the floor if the ground isn't perfectly flat. Makes using the V60 in particular seriously painful as support.
- DX12 is still crap and has a weird stutter to it
- Knives have been nerfed way too hard. I've had a few throwing knife kills since the patch but they've mostly been cheesed due to them no longer 1 shotting. I think the kill range is now sub 6metres?
- Smoke clouds if it grenade or rifle nade explode on a stone have a completely open gap beneath them like some early 2000s game. This game has a physics engine.... come on DICE.
- Very dodgy hit registration. I've noticed this a lot more after the patch as I've shot through people, done 60 damage on headshots on stationary targets with the M95 sniper at like 30 metres range and have hit people 8+ times with an SMG at close range and do 75-95 damage if I'm lucky.
- First shotgun you get. Unless you're close enough to smell their breath it'll take 3 shots to kill someone due to the completely stupid spray pattern.
- Parachute never opening at specific heights. This genuinely annoys me as levels with the long bridge is a great example where you jump off at the highest point and your parachute will open just fine. Go 10 metres along it and try the same and you'll fall to your death.
- Churchill main gun vs infantry - I hit someone for 4 damage with a shot directly at their feet. Seriously...

Good thing though is the aircraft vs AA now actually makes sense and you are no longer a free kill if you sit in AA and can aim. The mobile AA is pretty much sorted now as well in terms of damage to the aircraft so these are positive changes. SMGs for the medic are still a bit hit and miss but you can see that there's an improvement. You're still a free kill vs everyone else at range though and most maps don't have cover (I know you have smoke but even this is bugged).

Associate
I used the Origin Access Basic 7 day code to give the BFV trial a whirl and you can colour me thoroughly unimpressed. I can't believe that the DX12 mode still has that awful stuttering issue, and the amount of swearing in the first full campaign story made me think Danny "******" Dyer had written the script!

Don't get me wrong, I love to turn the air blue at any given chance but the use of eff bombs and Catch U Next Tuesday seemed a little heavy handed.

Back
Top Bottom