*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
From the Eurogamer interview https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-and-wake-island-the-battlefield-v-interview:

Think it's quite clear the skins/customisation will be where they monetise so that should put that to bed. No problem with that from my side.

Nope me neither.... I just hope they have a system like fornite, because god damn I've never spent money on cosmetics until that game haha!

Emotes are the best thing ever.... Slow clap after a nub tries to kill you is epic.

Soldato
Never had a problem with premium. It worked well in BF3 because you got so much content. Plus servers were always full what ever you wanted to play when the game was still current. Careful what you wish for. Would much rather have Premium than pay to win.

Failure to read? There is no pay to win, confirmed in both the reveal and the interview posted, it will be monetised via skins and customisation. And premium is utter tripe (coming from a player who has bought premium/season pass for every BF). It fragments the player base and you end up not playing half the maps you paid for (especially if the regulars you play with don't have premium).

Soldato
I wouldn't read too much into the Nvidia logos, given they also claim the game "runs best on xbox one" which is AMD is it not?

I'm rather relieved that they seem to be emphasizing playing as a company (or platoon) and putting more onus on people to play their role in a squad. After seeing the two battlefront games where it seemed like they were doing their upmost to prevent people from playing together on the same server, and then the platoons feature in bf1 being late and still in beta, I was worried the game was only going to cater for the casual drop in lone wolf players.
It seems that their response to platoons like ours having a decisive impact on the outcome of rounds on a server was not to just go OMGZ ban these platoons but rather to push the rest of the player base into behaving in a similar organised fashion. For me battlefield is defined by it's squad and team play and playing in a group is what makes it fun. Bravo DICE!

Caporegime
I got no problem with premium either, as long as the maps are good......

I hated buying premium before all the DLCs came out.

Really can't wait to see how this will run too. BF 1 alpha + beta ran superbly performance wise but come final release, meh.

Soldato
Well not as good as the bf1 trailer :(. Was hoping for another masterpiece :D.

Wonder if the rocket attack is going to be a levolution random thing or some kind of kill streak reward(I assume commander view is too out of place for this era).

The prone dive thing though :(.

Associate
Well not as good as the bf1 trailer :(. Was hoping for another masterpiece :D.

Wonder if the rocket attack is going to be a levolution random thing

I think it's going to be a perk of the squad leader that you can earn?
These gameplay changes are going to be pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to it. Almost like a move away from arcade warfare to more Arma/Squad style.

Soldato
IIRC Its accessed as a squad leader action... squad earns points which can be spent on ammo drop, rocket thing, etc.

Sweet not a bad thing if it promotes team play then :).

I think it's going to be a perk of the squad leader that you can earn?
These gameplay changes are going to be pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to it. Almost like a move away from arcade warfare to more Arma/Squad style.

Hope so. I quite enjoyed the bf4 maps more linear setting. BF1 seemed to be more chaotic than enjoyable to me.

Soldato
My take on the rocket was that it was a squad leader perk. If it results in kills and extra points for the squad leader, we'll have to rotate the position to keep it fair.

Soldato
I just want those graphics but with the mechanics of BF1942

I doubt we'll get the fun spotting with binoculars and artillery we had in BF42
I doubt we'll also get the ability to drive battleships, destroyers and submarines like we could in BF42

And worst of all... there will be zero chance of getting a Forgotten Hope mod

Caporegime
Glad to see x is already on the mark with his tweets :cool:

He's not slating for the record, just raising concerns over the exact same things as me:

- animations/knock back from the shockwave from explosions (given how annoying the grenade spam has been in every BF title, especially with the screen shake)
- animations for medic/ammo/revive etc.

Associate
Can' remember which site I read it on now but they were talking to a Dice guy and he absolutely said there are definitely 100% no loot boxes. Will find it later.

Also in no way will gameplay will be affected by paying for it.
still unsure how they are going with this. the battlefield community are not fortnite players? we cant dance ?

Caporegime
Also in no way will gameplay will be affected by paying for it.
still unsure how they are going with this. the battlefield community are not fortnite players? we cant dance ?

You'll be surprised at how much people are willing to spend on pointless crap like that in games :o

Back
Top Bottom