*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
Be interesting to see whats in beta 2 if it becomes a reality. Dice really need d to clue into the "if its not broke don't fix it mantra", some things don't need changed for the sake of change.

Exactly.

Been saying this for years.

They need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel for every single mechanic i.e. take suppression, it's ridiculous the amount of times they have added/removed and adjusted that one thing alone only to do the same again come the next game :o

Caporegime
I quite enjoyed BFV beta, I like that you have to think and the world isn't just covered in medpacks and ammo crates, the revive mechanic means you have to think before you do it, not just run around with infinite ammo and health with your finger on the tripper in "pew pew" mode.

I'm getting old so highspeed twitch run and gun stuff gets tedious now, I prefer a FPS that needs a little thought, cooperation and tactics.

There's a fine balance between not running around with infinite ammo and barely any, dice have went to the barely any side of things.

Caporegime

Seems quite a lot of the stuff they showed won't be there at launch, don't think we need anymore evidence this game will be released several months before it's actually properly "finished".

Associate
Imo its aimed mostly at kids, if you enjoyed bf1 and the beta of this then fair play to you, its defo not for me though, like I said, its a big scale twitch shooter, just like cod is now but on a larger scale

Dumb,mindless shooting with everyone running around like headless chickens not caring if they die etc, to me its utter poop :)

Soldato
Around the same time that companies like EA thought they could dumb everything down, force real world politics into games and palm the paying public off with utter *****. And then on top of that hide content behind paywalls and loot crates.

I don't notice any of that stuff. I just play the games for what they are. My character in the game could have been Coco The Clown and it wouldn't make any difference to me. I wouldn't have even noticed.

There's a fine balance between not running around with infinite ammo and barely any, dice have went to the barely any side of things.

I found myself running out of ammo a lot to start with but once I found where the ammo crates are around the map, I always made sure I picked some up when passing (same with the medi crates). I didn't run out much afterwards.

Caporegime
I found myself running out of ammo a lot to start with but once I found where the ammo crates are around the map, I always made sure I picked some up when passing (same with the medi crates). I didn't run out much afterwards.

i did as well but there is the potential for you to be cut off from some of these and then have to rely on team mates that seem more interested in prodding a lump of dog poop with their noses than actually giving out ammo. Not to mention these crates can be destroyed and have to be rebuilt, seems a lot of people are unaware they can actually be rebuilt. Not sure if a specific class is needed to do it, but for the most part if it is, forget about it.

Getting ammo from 99% of supports in the beta was a total nightmare in my experience, you got the occasional good one but most of the time you have to dance on their faces and shoot them numerous times to clue them in.

Soldato
i did as well but there is the potential for you to be cut off from some of these and then have to rely on team mates that seem more interested in prodding a lump of dog poop with their noses than actually giving out ammo. Not to mention these crates can be destroyed and have to be rebuilt, seems a lot of people are unaware they can actually be rebuilt. Not sure if a specific class is needed to do it, but for the most part if it is, forget about it.

Getting ammo from 99% of supports in the beta was a total nightmare in my experience, you got the occasional good one but most of the time you have to dance on their faces and shoot them numerous times to clue them in.

I agree that squadmate replenishments were a luxury, which is a shame. Being in a good, functional squad makes all the difference. I learned the hard way that ammo crates can be destroyed - I was hiding behind the one at the train station when it got hit. No idea who repairs them though, I assumed it was the engineers but I could be wrong.

I think it'd be a good idea for EA to include some mandatory training on some of the finer points of the game such as squad play and class roles.

Associate
Enjoyed the beta. Will be keeping my pre order and looking forward to release. I’m a bit long in the tooth now to keep up with the reactions of the younger generation so have to adapt to find enjoyment. Stay with squad, don’t take lead and help them( ammo,revives,spotting) with mopping up.

“It’s a twitch shooter” ???

It’s whatever you want it to be
Not much ammo around? Become a support and make sure your squad has plenty.

Associate
Not going to order this and will play BF1 instead (which tbf I hardly touched, and the free stuff is a nice bonus).
Had a quick blast on BF1 the other night and really enjoyed it - maps are nice and clean, it's easy to spot enemies (3D Spotting aside), sniping is enjoyable/ rewarding; maybe it's just familiarity but I had much more fun and a better sense of teamwork with medics/ support players doing their job.

I'll probably still pick up BF V if I'm honest, might just wait to see what some of the regulars on here say once it's launched - I do not have the patience to put up with a bug-infested first few weeks...

Caporegime
Had a quick blast on BF1 the other night and really enjoyed it - maps are nice and clean, it's easy to spot enemies (3D Spotting aside), sniping is enjoyable/ rewarding; maybe it's just familiarity but I had much more fun and a better sense of teamwork with medics/ support players doing their job.

I'll probably still pick up BF V if I'm honest, might just wait to see what some of the regulars on here say once it's launched - I do not have the patience to put up with a bug-infested first few weeks...

I will also pick it up because there is nothing else available. I only played the beta for about 4 hours tops. Mainly to try running it on my RX480 which it did well. Not once did I feel like I was in a ww2 game however. The art direction is just poor.

Caporegime
Forgot i had a preorder in for BFV until i got an email telling me the release was delayed. Hopefully a second beta crops up to see what they've fixed \ made a balls of.

Soldato
I'm missing the V beta. Jumped into 4 briefly during the week but as much as I've enjoyed playing over the last few years, it just wasn't doing it for me any more. :(

Going to have a proper swing at 1 in the coming week and see if I can get into it.

Back
Top Bottom