*** The official beard thread ***

Soldato
It is normal, but, it's not what the cool kids are doing. I've even got people coming in to work with short chino's on and shoes with no socks. :D

But your feet get all sweaty and your shoes will stink of cheese.

That's not very cool at all.

That's just dumb! :p

Back on topic I've just ordered one of these to do my beard line:

41-Cq-I2-Jad-JL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

41-Cq-I2-Jad-JL.jpg

Looks fancy. I have a £5 boots one I bought 10 years ago, only needed 2 packs of blades in that time. I'd have that over the fanciest multiblade razor going.

Soldato
Looks fancy. I have a £5 boots one I bought 10 years ago, only needed 2 packs of blades in that time. I'd have that over the fanciest multiblade razor going.

It’s well made but pretty reasonable at £22.99 del.

Already have some double edge blades I bought years ago but that was for a cut throat style which is a lot more trickier to use (and decided not to use it) so thought I’d try a safety razor instead. I thought with the design of the saftey razor (I’ve never used one before, but it seems easier to use) you can still get a much tidier edge than any cartridge style/electronic razor without slicing your face off! I’ve seen enough videos on how to use them as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s well made but pretty reasonable at £22.99 del.

Already have some double edge blades I bought years ago but that was for a cut throat style which is a lot more trickier to use (and decided not to use it) so thought I’d try a safety razor instead. I thought with the design of the saftey razor (I’ve never used one before, but it seems easier to use) you can still get a much tidier edge than any cartridge style/electronic razor without slicing your face off! I’ve seen enough videos on how to use them as well.

You'll love using it.

I actually miss using mine since I stopped being clean shaven, it was a real pleasure to use, so easy. The wife even used it on her legs a couple of times and was really impressed over her normal lady razors.

Associate

41-Cq-I2-Jad-JL.jpg

That looks really smart - I have a bluebeards revenge. One thing I have learnt is how easy they break when you drop them (in general, not just that brand) and how sensibly priced spare parts are when you go direct. I do like the case that one comes with, having a miror in it. good idea for travelling.

Soldato
That looks really smart - I have a bluebeards revenge. One thing I have learnt is how easy they break when you drop them (in general, not just that brand) and how sensibly priced spare parts are when you go direct. I do like the case that one comes with, having a miror in it. good idea for travelling.

I used this for the first time last night to do my cheek line.

OMG!!!

Why didn't I get one of these before?!

So smooth and easy to use. Just let it glide over your face with no pressure and let the blade do the work.
Lovely crisp cheek line just like coming from the barbers.

Perfect.

Chucked my Philips oneblade in the bin. :p

Last edited:
Associate
yep, i
I used this for the first time last night to do my cheek line.

OMG!!!

Why didn't I get one of these before?!

So smooth and easy to use. Just let it glide over your face with no pressure and let the blade do the work.
Lovely crisp cheek line just like coming from the barbers.

Perfect.

Chucked my Philips oneblade in the bin. :p

yeah, the double edge safety razers are really good. I was getting annoyed at the ever increasing prices of heads with a ton of blades in them. One of the benefits i noticed was a significant reduction of in-growing hairs too - specifically this particular hair that always went that way with the muti-head razers. And... the cost of blades is so much cheaper - could put a new one in every day for the same price as about a fortnight of the other things!

Wish my dad had told me about them when I was a kid, only took 25 years to 'find' them...

Soldato
Thinking to experiment with growing a beard. Not a full beard but a trim one.

My facial hair grows fast, but is quite sparse.

I've currently got about 7 days of growth on my face and look like a tramp. :p

Any tips? Should I start to trim it? I was thinking I might need to go to a proper beard barber to give me some shape. But I would probably have to grow it for a few weeks yet before I do that.

Gonna be hard not to be tempted to tidy it up tho.

Caporegime
I use a shavette razor to do my beard lines, it was scary at first and ended up slicing my face to pieces lol.
But my barber was kind enough to show me how to use it properly to my beard lines and now I don’t get any cuts etc.

Just have to make sure you pull your skin tight and let the blade glide over the stubble. Mistake I was making was using too much pressure when you don’t need to at all.

Soldato
I use a shavette razor to do my beard lines, it was scary at first and ended up slicing my face to pieces lol.
But my barber was kind enough to show me how to use it properly to my beard lines and now I don’t get any cuts etc.

Just have to make sure you pull your skin tight and let the blade glide over the stubble. Mistake I was making was using too much pressure when you don’t need to at all.

Might pop to my local barber to ask if they can show me with he Shavette razor as it give nice clean line which I struggle with a standard wet razor

What do people use to keep their beard neat and tidy from an electric or sharp pair of scissors perspective please?

Soldato
I'm a year in now and my beard is still patchy and thin, i'm 29 years old now so not sure this is ever going to improve!

Also i'm noticing a few grey hairs around my chin too!

Caporegime
Might pop to my local barber to ask if they can show me with he Shavette razor as it give nice clean line which I struggle with a standard wet razor

What do people use to keep their beard neat and tidy from an electric or sharp pair of scissors perspective please?
I use a Phillips beard trimmer which seems to be ok-ish. Gets most of the long hair but can be hit or miss.
Again I usually get my barber to trim it properly but sometimes I’ll do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom