***The Official Black Panther Thread ere***

Caporegime
Perhaps, but this is the last movie prior to the big Avengers: Infinity War movie - I would think towards the end there may be some linkage.

Even if it's just post-credits stuff.

Soldato
Whut, where did all the african tech come from.....looks a bit meh.

Aliens and an Infinity stones would be my guess. The Avengers trailer has a fight in Wakanda and there's only one reason to go there, to get an infinity stone. Those plucky Wakandans in the spirit of African unity living with all that tech to spare their neighbours the burden.

Caporegime
It's getting glowing reviews!

The problem is that, given it is [current year], they'd have to try rather hard not to get great reviews for a production like this... I mean it might well turn out to be a fantastic movie but I'd not rely on the reviews to be particularly informative regarding that.

Man of Honour
The problem is that, given it is [current year], they'd have to try rather hard not to get great reviews for a production like this... I mean it might well turn out to be a fantastic movie but I'd not rely on the reviews to be particularly informative regarding that.

Why not? :confused:

Caporegime

Because its mere existence is being celebrated as a victory for representation and identity etc... it would have to be significantly bad for someone to stick their neck out and go against the current. So I think we can assume, as a lower bound, that it is probably a decent-ish movie/it isn't going to be a bad movie but I reckon the glowing reviews are uninformative as far as whether it is something to get particularly excited about.

Soldato
Yep, in the same way that Wonder Woman is trumpeted as an amazing movie and a triumph for feminism when in reality it's just above average. It's going to be heavily politicised and that's a great shame

Soldato
Marvel haven't made a bad movie yet in the MCU, a few misfires but no bad ones. I get that identity politics will be heavy on this film but I still have high hopes, it is also the direct lead in to Infinity War. Which should be cool so need to see at cinema just for continuity.

Caporegime
From the very brief mention of it on the latest Empire Podcast, it's a self contained story.

I'm guessing it's only the credit stings that lead in to Infinity War (I've no idea what they are)

Back
Top Bottom