1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by kinger8938, Jun 10, 2014.

1. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Its real! At work at the mo will post trailer on my break unless someone else gets to it first

From the mind that brought us Demon Souls and Dark souls 1

http://youtu.be/G203e1HhixY

Found by "Craterloads"

Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
    A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
    Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
    A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation(R)4 system.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. ps3ud0

Caporegime

Weird that the leaked info had some gameplay while E3 was a trailer - nothing about it really informs what it might end up being. This might not be the (spiritual) successor to DS, hell might not be souls-like at all. More than fine with that...

ps3ud0 :cool:

3. kinger8938

Sgarrista

This is true

I think the souls comparisons were drawn from the leaked footage having fog doors etc like the sould games

4. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Hyped already. If they retain Souls combat in that awesome Gothic looking world then I'm all in. As a side note, I'd love a more traditional RPG with souls combat. A game where you get quests and explore a diverse open world rather than everything be out to kill you in a dark gloomy world.

5. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

That would be absolutely immense, I'd be all over that.

6. ps3ud0

Caporegime

I want a Souls western, I think that setting and the animals/natives and nomadic nature would work really well with the Souls formula...

I dont mind gothic but I feel Souls has pretty much done that justice

7. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I think dragons dogma was said to come close, maybe check it out! I havent tried it yet but got it on ps plus

8. Jase

Mobster

The wait for this alone will be a killer, hope more info follows soon.

9. Warbie

Soldato

A bit more variety to the combat this time pls. I'll probably get strung up for saying this, but I'm getting bored of the Demon's/Dark Souls combat now. More usable/effective, dodges, rolls, parries, combos, crowd control etc. Don't get me wrong - it's great, but it could be so much more.

10. Craterloads

Sgarrista

Think this is exactly what the "series" needed, a detailed and rich environment in a eerie gothic city with untold beasts lurking behind every door! From the e3 trailer the game seems to differ greatly from the souls games but from the gameplay leaks seems familiar. Perhaps a mash of the two.

Whilst not clear are we getting a set character or will there be customisation options? creating your own character / upgrading is a important part of souls games.

11. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I will put that info up the top :) cheers

12. Craterloads

Sgarrista

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ils/#sf3256110

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  13. ps3ud0

Caporegime

Use spoiler tags please...

14. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Cant wait to see actual gameplay

15. Craterloads

Sgarrista

There's 30 mins of gameplay out there, lets just hope we get to see :(

16. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Fingers crossed we do!

17. Craterloads

Sgarrista

18. kinger8938

Sgarrista

19. Craterloads

Sgarrista

Nice, can see why they chose to show it behind closed doors as is very early (framerate issues etc as expected this early). Couldn't ask for more, that looks like everything I could have asked for.

Kind of bumbed about no shield, that puppy kept me alive so many times!

20. Davey_Pitch

Man of Honour

It's a Souls-type game, it's almost guaranteed to have framerate issues at some point!

And I agree that the lack of a shield will be a big change. Like most people I use the shield a lot when I first meet enemies so I can try to learn their attacks. Without a shield we'll just have to be a lot more aggressive.