*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
To be fair the developers have said the combat is going to be quite different this time around. Fast and offensive, always taking the fight to the enemy, as opposed to the slow, defensive and reactionary focussed combat we had with the Dark and Demon Souls game. I suspect there will be elements similar to more aggressive fighters like DMC.

Caporegime
The way I see it the main difference Ive noticed so far is that the weapon replaces shield parry and also seems to replace spells too (Ive not seen any casting ability mentioned). There is no default defensive position/engagement...

I like the idea of being a badass having to actively avoid enemy attacks while judiciously using the weapon as either a wand or shield while considering ammo etc (Ive assumed the weapon has finite ammo that has to be picked up rather than some recharge/reload bar that always replenishes) trying to get close enough to use my melee weapon (any details how that changes functions and the kind of damage it does in either function?)

Seems far more melee with agility - its a nice change and take more skill to master the game rather than mastering how to time parries etc...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Quote from GAF on someone who's played the demo:

From Neogaf poster S1kkZ

Played the demo. Feels more like demons souls to me. But I really sucked at it. The core souls gameplay seems intact, the firearms are just an addition, not the main focus. You need to be a lot more agile and doge, roll around. The visuals. Aside from some minor framerate issues and aliasing(which could have been the tv), the game Is a looker. The animations, the physicsof the main characters cape, atmosphere... Amazing.

Sounds great. Who needs Tomb Raider? :)

Soldato
Someone managed to get a little recording, seeing as they were not allowed to and even got stopped. It shows the hud and some rag doll, looking like Demon Souls to me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Quote from GAF on someone who's played the demo:

Sounds great. Who needs Tomb Raider? :)

Fans of tomb raider of course. I would rather play Tomb Raider tbh. Graphics on bloodbourne look good,but will gameplay be any good. Sonys hype machine in full force
It doesn't matter to me I own all 3 next gen consoles :D

Soldato
Fans of tomb raider of course. I would rather play Tomb Raider tbh. Graphics on bloodbourne look good,but will gameplay be any good. Sonys hype machine in full force

Not really hype force, it's the same as Halo, Gears of War and every exclusive. In the end they all get hyped because they are exclusive and something the other console doesn't have.

I enjoyed Tomb Raider but i'm not really to fussed it's gone exclusive as i'll enjoy Uncharted so much more. I really enjoyed the original Demon Souls which again was PS3 only and that's what led to Dark Souls 1/2 and now Bloodborne which looks like it has gone back to the Demon souls roots with changes.

Soldato

It was said in jest. I loved the recent TR and have completed it both on the 360 and the PS4. Though for me personally I'd rather a From game anyday.

Soldato
If it is more like Demon's Souls I'd be very happy. My favourite game released since the PS3 era, hands down.

It's a good job there are loads of games out between now and this otherwise it'd be a long wait. Hope it's 1st Qtr 2015

Caporegime
Why the **** pan away! What is that dodge move at 55secs - extremely agile, seems like a double dodge but only uses 1 portion of stamina

Good to see your 'shield' has finite ammo, hopefully that isnt too hard to find or comes in too many varieties.

So can tell that the demo is on easy.

Last edited:
Soldato

As always Vaati always does a good breakdown. Wish I'd never seen much about this now - it's made me care a lot less about all the other up and coming games I was looking forward to. Now they just seem like a stepping stone to what I REALLY want!

Permabanned
Great another over hype sony game. The funny thing is every over hype sony game never looks or plays like the previews before release. Look at kill zone series. That's a prime example.

Soldato
As always Vaati always does a good breakdown. Wish I'd never seen much about this now - it's made me care a lot less about all the other up and coming games I was looking forward to. Now they just seem like a stepping stone to what I REALLY want!

Good info in that video and yeah now it makes the wait even worse, hopefully I'l get to play it at the Eurogamer Expo if it's there this year.

Permabanned
You are talking rubbish mate - fanboy elsewhere

lol fanboy...gezz ok chill out there little stud muffin:o I have a PS4 Xbox and WiiU and I love all 3. It's true though all the hype about kill zone and it was the biggest let down in history. I'll wait until after I see reviews to see if it's any good or not.

Caporegime
LOL why do people use the stupid false equivalency that somehow owning all the consoles makes them impartial. If Bloodbourne doesnt interest you then go elsewhere...

Back
Top Bottom