*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
It's a Souls-type game, it's almost guaranteed to have framerate issues at some point!

And I agree that the lack of a shield will be a big change. Like most people I use the shield a lot when I first meet enemies so I can try to learn their attacks. Without a shield we'll just have to be a lot more aggressive.

Being more aggressive usually results in dying a lot more :p

Soldato
OP
So do we get to create a character or are we playing the guy in the footage etc?

Yea i assume frame rate is due to early build too, but they do have a track record ;)

Caporegime
So definitely a Souls game where the Blunderbuss? seems to be a temporary stun weapon like a shield strike just without the obvious defensive properties.

Man this game is gonna annoy me so much :D. Gonna take more skill/memorisation! If the hit box issues aren't fixed this could be the wrong type of annoying :mad:

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Go swordsman for a bit. It took me a while to adjust, but after going shield/turtle in Demon and Dark Souls it felt quite freeing ditching the shield in DS2. Some points in adaptability and lots of rolling practise later and it's almost a different game :) Bosses are genuinely tough now as every roll has to be timed well. Rewarding tho.

Soldato
This looks amazing but I really hope its different from the souls series because I didn't complete either of those as boredom kicked in. They where good games but the lack of an interesting story and just kill kill kill boss kill kill kill boss and repeat didn't keep me interested.
The combat on this looks much more faster which is great for a start and I just hope theres an interesting and good story.
Its a really good exclusive for Sony though, huge infact.

Soldato
This looks unbelievably good, can not wait. The atmosphere and graphics are amazing. I know a lot of PC guys are gonna be ****ed!

Hope we get to see some live gameplay demos, as apparently it will be on the show floor.

Soldato
Looks great.. I never enjoyed dark souls too much but this looks more faster paced and the atmosphere looks really good too.

Soldato
If the Soul's games are already my top games of all time - then could this go in at number 1? It looks like it could - but looks like worst case it'll be as good as the Souls games.

I expected it to be amazing, but the gameplay vids really surpass what I could have hoped for. Every other game coming out now has just became a lot less important to me! lol

Still lot's of other great looking games, but I won't care about any of them when this hits - not for a while anyway

We even have Lords of the Fallen, a Souls clone so to speak in October so if that's good then I'm set!!

Soldato
It looks more like Devil May Cry imo.

Looks nothing like it...wtf?!
It has all the moves and hallmarks of a soul game just this time it has guns (which are basically reskinned spells it appears)

Anyway cant wait and Il be buying a PS4 to play this on release day.

This looks amazing but I really hope its different from the souls series because I didn't complete either of those as boredom kicked in. They where good games but the lack of an interesting story and just kill kill kill boss kill kill kill boss and repeat didn't keep me interested.
The combat on this looks much more faster which is great for a start and I just hope theres an interesting and good story.
Its a really good exclusive for Sony though, huge infact.

I dont think these games are for you then. This will be exactly if not tougher than DS1 , with the same setups and environmental challenges. Its what Hidetaka Miyazaki does and he wont be changing the formula anytime soon given the amount of popularity these games have achieved. And as youv probably heard a lot , there is a super detailed story in the souls games , but you have to actively look for it. Like the games themselves its not drip feed to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom