*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Once again he does everything he can to avoid directly calling Brook out, he knows he gets beaten in devastating fashion.

Even Pacman who is at about 40% of what he used to be would probably whoop him.

Soldato
My favourite line was ‘I’m still a young fighter, still learning’ you’ve been pro for about 14 years Ffs! Trained with the worlds best trainers if you still can’t box with any brains to protect your weaknesses you’re never gonna learn!

Soldato
I was half expecting him to say he hadn’t been on the canvas for a couple of years so wanted the practice for that as well :D

LOL. Seriously though I'm not sure what Khan is wanting or hopes to achieve. Unless he can either stretch Brook out or put on a master class non of the top guys will entertain him. Maybe Thurman could use him as a come back fight?

Soldato
Its like Brook won his last couple of fights comfortably...

Khan vs Brook is inevitable and it'll probably be a bore fest

To be fair Brook had Spence and probably could have won. Golovkin was a step too far and lets be honest most welters would get taken apart within two rounds. Most middleweights can't go six rounds with him.

Soldato
Even so Khan has arguably had tougher opponents and infact beaten tougher opponents then Brook ever has. I can barely remember any significant Brook fights before he was destroyed by Golovkin tbh.

Khans fight cv is better then Brooks in terms of opponents imo. I think its a close fight and id put my quid on Khan.

Soldato
Even so Khan has arguably had tougher opponents and infact beaten tougher opponents then Brook ever has. I can barely remember any significant Brook fights before he was destroyed by Golovkin tbh.

Khans fight cv is better then Brooks in terms of opponents imo. I think its a close fight and id put my quid on Khan.

You need to have a longer think, Shawn Porter (who Kell beat) just had a right tear up with Danny Garcia ( who beat Khan). I'm guessing you can work out who won:p

After that performance last night you think Khan would beat Kell Brook? I think you need to rewatch the fight :p Khan did the chicken dance twice last night saved by the bell both times from a guy who can't even punch! Kell Brook can punch and has some footwork unlike the guy last night.

Thinking about it @omnomnom are you on the wind up?

Permabanned
Khan is glass jaw and other than lightning fast combos that manage to knock people off balance/guard he isn't really a concussive puncher that is able to scramble the senses of his opponent... Kell on the other hand is somewhat fragile to damage (rarely gets wobbled though) at the top level but I don't see Khan able to inflict the sort of damage to him that GGG or Spence did. Kell can and will land decent shots on Khan and he has more power than they guy from last night, Khan actually got really lucky yesterday with the timing of getting hurt. Kell would beat him all daysI think.

Soldato
Timing beats speed, Brook KOs Khan all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Khan has a bigger following and he pulls in viewers with his exciting or 'prone to be KO'd at any time' style. He's been in some very entertaining fights over the years but has a boxing IQ of zero, he isn't able to adapt at all, it's as though he's learning nothing from his opponent because you see him getting caught with the same shots in round 10-11 that he was getting caught with in round 1 and 2.

Eddie Hearn knows Khan still pulls in the numbers, he signed him for 3 fights, the first 2 were tomato cans - Khan typically makes tough work of last nights, who really isn't anywhere near elite level. This was all building up to the 3rd fight, and I think it was clear from his comments that he wants Pacquaio not Brook.

I know some of Khans mates and some of the places he hangs about, he's never taken boxing seriously, he smokes far too much shisha and if he lost to Brook he wouldn't be able to show his face in certain places. Whereas if he lost to Pacquaio he can carry on boasting about how he has a better resume than Brook :rolleyes:

Soldato
Brook beats Khan every time, Brook knows it, Khan knows it everyone knows it hence why Khan doesn't really want the fight. His words try to say he does but even they're not convincing. He'd rather lose to a finished Pacman than lose to Brook.

Brooks probably on the decline as well (the GGG fight ruined him a bit I felt) but he's got more than enough to beat Khan. His fight against Spence Jr is better than anything on Khans CV even in defeat!

Soldato
Timing beats speed, Brook KOs Khan all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Khan has a bigger following and he pulls in viewers with his exciting or 'prone to be KO'd at any time' style. He's been in some very entertaining fights over the years but has a boxing IQ of zero, he isn't able to adapt at all, it's as though he's learning nothing from his opponent because you see him getting caught with the same shots in round 10-11 that he was getting caught with in round 1 and 2.

Eddie Hearn knows Khan still pulls in the numbers, he signed him for 3 fights, the first 2 were tomato cans - Khan typically makes tough work of last nights, who really isn't anywhere near elite level. This was all building up to the 3rd fight, and I think it was clear from his comments that he wants Pacquaio not Brook.

I know some of Khans mates and some of the places he hangs about, he's never taken boxing seriously, he smokes far too much shisha and if he lost to Brook he wouldn't be able to show his face in certain places. Whereas if he lost to Pacquaio he can carry on boasting about how he has a better resume than Brook :rolleyes:

Is that genuine ? If it is that's really interesting.

As I said last night Khan is still getting caught with the same punch as he was 10 years ago. Neither Khan nor Brook are the sharpest tools in the box but Brook can follow a game plan even when hit where as Khan when he tires which is usually round 5/6 then gets hit he hasn't a clue what to do!

Soldato
Yeah it's true about smoking shisha, he used to go to my mates shisha cafe in manchester quite a lot after it opened, saw him there myself many times. This wasn't when he was in training for a particular fight but imo if you are a professional sportsman getting paid millions, and you take your job seriously, then you have to give 100% if you truly want to reach the very highest level.

Sorta like Ricky Hatton binge eating between fights then training like mad to cut weight right before a fight, eventually it takes its toll. I think in Khans case he made too much money when he was still young and he had the wrong people/team around him.

Back
Top Bottom