*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Close fight but I thought GGG had nicked it at the end, that last round swung the fight the other way on the cards though :rolleyes:

I don't think we'll see a third fight, somehow I don't think they will be able to make it now that Canelo has the win.

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as I like GGG I thought Canelo won that pretty convincingly.

Battered him for the first 6/7 rounds or so, GGG outlanded him with jabs making up the bulk whilst canelo was smashing his face and body with sharp and precise power punches. GGGs face at the end looking like a busted piñata tells the story of the fight for me. He came back strong towards the end and had about 3 solid rounds but even some of the late rounds were competitive.

Think he gets beat even more convincingly in a 3rd fight.

Caporegime
GGG won, he landed more punches and the punch stats back that up, but this was a lot closer than the first fight. GGG won this by two rounds tops, but he won.

I love boxing, but there was no way GGG would ever beat Canelo on points.

Caporegime
Not surprised at the result, he clearly won the last fight and if this was closer, which appears to be the case, it would've needed to be a KO for him not to be robbed again.

Read a few reports this morning and a lot of people thought 116-112 would've been a fair result and a lot of pros are livid.

At least GGG won't be remembered as a drugs cheat when he retires.

Back
Top Bottom