*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
GGG should have got the decision again. 3rd fight is a waste of time, i won’t be watching.

Why would it be a waste? It was a great fight to watch - I’ve watched it again any of the 3 possible results wouldn’t have been outrageous.

I think Canelo got the result because he was the one marching forward which the Vegas lot like more when it’s such a close fight.

Associate
Why would it be a waste? It was a great fight to watch - I’ve watched it again any of the 3 possible results wouldn’t have been outrageous.

I think Canelo got the result because he was the one marching forward which the Vegas lot like more when it’s such a close fight.

abbviper is right, whats the point of a third fight when GGG has been robbed of the last two? He obviously stands no chance on points so will need a KO. A 37/38 year old Golovkin might not have the power anymore by the time the third fight rolls around.

I don't understand this 'he won the story of the fight' stuff. How is walking forward and getting clipped by endless jabs suddenly a winning tactic? Canelo's counter punches didn't rock GGG the way Gennady did Canelo.

GGG might well take a third fight, a couple million more in the bank account would be nice. The result is a foregone conclusion though, so why get excited. I think only one judge in 6 has found for GGG over the two fights. Says it all really.

Soldato
You and me both but as I said earlier in the thread, unless he KO's him he'll get robbed by decision imo. Canelo has too much of a following and is worth too much money to lose tonight.

I'm seriously considering just going to bed and not bothering with it tonight tbh.

Called it! :)

Caporegime
So BJS has been charged with misconduct by the BBBofC over the video and the police have started an investigation on the following possible offences "offer to supply Class A drugs, aiding and abetting an assault, assault and public order offences."

He's in deep deep doodoo.

Soldato
So BJS has been charged with misconduct by the BBBofC over the video and the police have started an investigation on the following possible offences "offer to supply Class A drugs, aiding and abetting an assault, assault and public order offences."

He's in deep deep doodoo.

So he should be, the guy is a complete scumbag. I don't care how good a boxer he is, this is by no means the first time he's been embroiled in controversy and he deserves the book thrown at him.

Soldato
Bjs needs some jail time to bring him down from his high stool. He's not even remotely sorry going from his half hearted apology.

Shame really as he has a fair bit of boxing ability

Soldato
Does anyone know if this whole DAZN thing is coming to UK?

I’d probably pay for a streaming style subscription for boxing as I’m not willing to pay for a sky tv pacakage as they are expensive. Something like a Netflix / iTunes etc would be ideal

It seems like for the US it is a decent deal.

Back
Top Bottom