*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
How do you think Usyk will fair with heavy weights who can really bang, bigger with longer reach?
Honestly can't really see him troubling Joshua tbh.

Who the hell knows when it comes to Wilder. He is wild, and I'd back many more skilled fighters over him, but he can KO anyone if he catches them.

Permabanned
Honestly can't really see him troubling Joshua tbh.

Who the hell knows when it comes to Wilder. He is wild, and I'd back many more skilled fighters over him, but he can KO anyone if he catches them.
He can certainly out box wilder but wilder can knock anyone out with his power.

I think Joshua will be too much for him though. Fury vs Usyk might be interesting.

Caporegime
AJ will walk through him. It’d be like the Povetkin fight. Usyk might look sharp and impressive at the start, but eventually, he’d tire through AJ walking him down and pressing him, and then he’d be ripe for the KO.

He won’t stand up to AJ’s power. I’d go for a round 7 KO.

Soldato
Usyk is a very intelligent boxer, he will know he can't afford to switch off for a second against this new breed of heavyweight because its lights out, simple. I think you could throw him straight in with the likes of Parker, Chisora, Whyte, even Fury who isn't the biggest puncher but Wilder/Joshua is probably too much atm because of the size and power. He boxes Wilders head off all day every day but needs some experience against tall rangey fighters first so he can somehow prepare himself against those windmills. Joshua imo beats him whenever they fight.

Associate
Fair play to Bellew, gave it a go and went out on his shield. I don't think it really leaves a negative mark on his career either as Usyk was just levels above in the end.

Shame the interview went as long as it did though, only highlighted how buzzed he was.

Associate
Was never a big Bellew fan over the years but nothing but respect for the man now its supposedly all said and done. He's always stepped up and fought the best opposition and given it everything each time, fair play.

Permabanned
Usyk beat heavies in the amateurs - different than pros, but still. Also, he beat one heavy that beat Joshua - again, amateur rules, and that was years ago when Joshua was green, but still.

Usyk clearly has better technical skills than Joshua. I think if Usyk starts out and maintains caution and boxes purely, he'll be very competitive and take some rounds on that. But Joshua will eventually jump in regardless and use his size and throw bombs. Usyk took a few bombs from Gassiev, who is a huge puncher...at cruiserweight....I'm not sure Usyk can take bombs from Joshua - so he needs to be extra sharp and make sure to never take a clean bomb. He'd have to box perfectly or very nearly perfectly all fight, like PBF vs Canelo or Calzaghe vs Lacy. Who knows, maybe Usyk has an unreal chin (he obviously has at least a very good one), and that + boxing extremely well might see him win it or be very competitive.

But first, I need to see Usyk in with a Chisora/Whyte level fighter and see how he does there.

Soldato
I'm not AJ's biggest fan but I think he will ko Usyk. It will be cat n mouse for 6 rounds with Usyk maybe up on the cards, then he will walk onto a bomb which will put him out like all the HW's can do. But you never know..

Soldato
Interesting that they're streaming it on PS4. Trying hard to get the million buys!

I was doing some cooking last night and like to stick on long videos just for something to listen to. Checked out a recent interview on IFL... This guy seems wise before his years. It wasn't really that much boxing discussed yet I couldn't not listen to him. It's long but worth a listen. I think even Kugan gets a bit choked up.

Back
Top Bottom