*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Permabanned
Just something I thought was somewhat funny, and I posted it lightheartedly. However, I'm not a big twitter user. But Sulaiman following that parody account is a bit surreal, in itself and because the WBC suspended Whyte over failing the UKAD drug test. Hopefully we'll see the results of the B sample soon, but I fear the whole thing may be largely swept under the carpet like when Tyson Fury got busted for steriods in 2015.

Permabanned
Just something I thought was somewhat funny, and I posted it lightheartedly. However, I'm not a big twitter user. But Sulaiman following that parody account is a bit surreal, in itself and because the WBC suspended Whyte over failing the UKAD drug test. Hopefully we'll see the results of the B sample soon, but I fear the whole thing may be largely swept under the carpet like when Tyson Fury got busted for steriods in 2015.
Probably because he is interested in protecting their champion.

Permabanned
Edit: Ehh, I based this post on a misunderstanding, but I reworded it - disregard any off-ness, please.

The WBC have screwed him over to protect Wilder at least twice, screwing him out of fights with Wilder when on the basis of the last 5 fights, Whyte's resume was was better and he won a final eliminator. All boxing organisations are significantly corrupt - I've been jaded into becoming a casual effectively.

Last edited:
Associate
Why would Ruiz not be protected over there? Less strict doping laws? Think he’s trying to get out of the fight myself but if he thinks he’ll beat Joshua again and anywhere why not take the fight for so called “low money” and then his next fight would be a defo life changer

Don
Both fighters will have signed up to independent drug testing so it sounds like an excuse on his part, probably because he wants home advantage in the rematch and or more money. Ruiz most probably didn't even consider the rematch when he signed for the 1st fight and now he thinks he's worth more than what he signed up for. I'd love to know just how enforceable a rematch clause is or at least what the consequences are for Ruiz if he doesn't go ahead with the rematch. I can't see how he'll be stripped of his belts or stopped from fighting another opponent because the agreement he has with Joshua is completely independent of the boxing boards/governing bodies.

Don
I'm not sure Hearn clears much up to be honest. He's choosing his words carefully and it appears to me that the only agreement they have is the original rematch clause in the contract for the first fight. From a boxing point of view and whether Ruiz has to take the rematch, I don't believe the contract is worth the paper it's written on - I don't see how Ruiz can be forced to take the rematch nor how Hearn could stop Ruiz taking another fight. The agrement is between Ruiz and Joshua, not any of the governing bodies. Obviously if Ruiz doesn't take the rematch he faces being sued for millions and millions but that will no doubt be a messy, long, drawn out process that Hearn/Joshua don't really want to go down, which is why Ruiz is probably chancing his arm a little and trying to get himself a better deal than the one he originally agreed to.

Permabanned
I'm not sure Hearn clears much up to be honest. He's choosing his words carefully and it appears to me that the only agreement they have is the original rematch clause in the contract for the first fight. From a boxing point of view and whether Ruiz has to take the rematch, I don't believe the contract is worth the paper it's written on - I don't see how Ruiz can be forced to take the rematch nor how Hearn could stop Ruiz taking another fight. The agrement is between Ruiz and Joshua, not any of the governing bodies. Obviously if Ruiz doesn't take the rematch he faces being sued for millions and millions but that will no doubt be a messy, long, drawn out process that Hearn/Joshua don't really want to go down, which is why Ruiz is probably chancing his arm a little and trying to get himself a better deal than the one he originally agreed to.
He confirms that the purse and right to venue and date was in the rematch clause and that ultimately they control the rematch.

Now no one wants a legal battle neither Ruiz or Aj this has already happened before with his good mate Lennox Lewis. When he tried to exercise his rematch clause against Rahman, Rahman had other ideas so Lewis sued him. Not very good for anybody much easier to take what you were offered and just fight.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lewis-sues-rahman-and-king-6338451.html

Permabanned
The problem is as a fantastic boxer as Lewis was nowadays he comes across as a paid up pbc shill.

He took Wilders side in the whole fake $50 mil offer so I can understand Joshua’s stance he was disrespectful to Rob McCraken after the fight, when many other boxing commentators pointed out that Robs advice was spot on it was Aj that didn’t heed his advice.

Still Aj could’ve just ignored it but he decided to have a pop back.

Don
He confirms that the purse and right to venue and date was in the rematch clause and that ultimately they control the rematch.

Now no one wants a legal battle neither Ruiz or Aj this has already happened before with his good mate Lennox Lewis. When he tried to exercise his rematch clause against Rahman, Rahman had other ideas so Lewis sued him. Not very good for anybody much easier to take what you were offered and just fight.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lewis-sues-rahman-and-king-6338451.html
The fact that the terms of the rematch were already set out in the original contract isn't up for debate. The issue is that it's clear that Ruiz isn't happy to stick to that agreement and as Hearn has hinted at already, he may have to pay him a bit more money or do something else to sweeten the deal to make things run smoothly. It's a game of brinkmanship at the moment - I'm sure a compromise will be reached though.

Caporegime
Kovalev vs Yarde tomorrow night on BT Sport from 5PM.

Expect Kovalev to have too much for Yarde but both can bang so it could be an explosive fight. Can't remember watching a fight in Russia but expect the judges will have been warned about the high chance of irradiation if they get the scores wrong.

Soldato
Kovalev vs Yarde tomorrow night on BT Sport from 5PM.

Expect Kovalev to have too much for Yarde but both can bang so it could be an explosive fight. Can't remember watching a fight in Russia but expect the judges will have been warned about the high chance of irradiation if they get the scores wrong.

ohh cheers for the heads up. What time do they half decent fights start?

Back
Top Bottom