*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I've been watching more and more boxing over the last few months and, is it just me, or are there quite a few up and coming boxers in the UK now? It's quite good to see so many at the start of their career as they're fighting so often.

Is this normal or is it the effects of the Olympics? Or is it just a good time for British boxing or is it just media hype? I need to watch more US boxing.

Tommy Coyle had a good KO although Katsidis left him self wide open for it. Campbell looked solid too!

Some 'big' fights coming up soon, Cleverly v. Bellew and Groves on the under-card. Khan v. Alexander in Dec too, that's a tough one for Khan :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Some interesting upcoming fights...

Eubank Jr vs Saunders

Cleverley vs Bellew 2

Hopkins vs Kovalev

Pacquiao vs Algieri

Klitschko vs Pulev

Fury vs Chisora

Plus Murray vs Golovkin seems to be confirmed now for ~Feb time. Good luck Murray!

Soldato
Golovkin is a beast! Hadn't heard of him until his last fight :eek:

Joshua v. Sprott on 22nd Nov too, that won't be a long one.

Soldato
Some interesting upcoming fights...

Eubank Jr vs Saunders

Fury vs Chisora

Thats going to be a good night of boxing, I myself like the blatant arrogance of the eubanks, its almost funny that to be fair the boy looks good. He has a big task against billy joe but i think he will do it

Caporegime
Kovalev could be one of the toughest and most devastating punchers Hopkins has ever fought.

Hopkins is rapidly approaching his 50th birthday and I just feel that Kovalev will come out on top. Hopkins might nick a couple of early rounds with nullifying and counter punching, but Kovalev will be too tough in the end.

I predict a KO in rounds 4-6.

Soldato
Wlad Klitschko V Kubrat Pulev tonight on Eurosport 2 (shows how much interest HW title fights have in the UK these days!)

Pulev isn't the total tomato can that the Klitschkos usually fight and is unbeaten but can he get at Wlad to trouble him? Probably not imagine it will be the usual jab/hug fest with Wlad wearing him down late on.

Soldato
Not entirely sure why but I want Bellew to win :-\

Did anyone watch the first fight? What did Cleverly do after it to **** off Bellew? Was it as close as Bellew says?

Hope it's a good fight and if Bellew does win then there might be a third.

Good card in general, the beast that is A.Joshua is fighting :cool: Groves, DeGale, Smith, McDonnell and Quigg all there too.

Associate
I'm looking forward to this tonight as well, would like Cleverley to win as he doesn't sound like a completely muppet when being interviewed, unlike Bellew, we'll see though..

Back
Top Bottom