*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
To be fair to Paul he could do what some proper professional boxers do on their debut and fight some proper cans on losing streaks. If it's good enough for who we say as proper pros it should be good enough for Jake Paul. This is a huge step up for him and depending how he does, even in a loss if he looks good, people will have no choice but to give him respect. You have to remember he literally only started a few years ago, he clearly has some natural ability.

The Eubank vs Benn thing is a joke. Eubanks whole career has been wasted. He is a athletic specimen but was too arrogant to listen to trainers in his early fight and now he has just turned into a poundland version of Roy Jones Jr.

I have a lot of time for Benn though,he has shown massive improvements since that fight with the French bloke he lost to. Peynaud or whatever his name was.

Exactly. Say what you like about Paul he's trying to arrange big fights. He's putting it on the line for this one and honestly fair play to him.

Soldato
Eubank Jr V Benn is just a circus fight so they get a bit of WWE pantomime between the 2 dads in the build up. Sell it to the casuals as some sort of 'legacy being continued' fight.

Feels like the fight Brook got served up to GGG, only neither of these 2 are near their respective levels.

Soldato
To be fair to Paul he could do what some proper professional boxers do on their debut and fight some proper cans on losing streaks. If it's good enough for who we say as proper pros it should be good enough for Jake Paul.

Hasn't he already done that by fighting non-boxers and claiming them as part of his record? Is he registered as a pro now? I have no idea if he is.

I've not seen a lot of his stuff but the knockout of Askren was a joke and the Woodley knockout also shouldn't trouble a pro. The cynic in me says that both were paid to lose. I'm not doubting that he can box or fight I just think it's a bit of a circus. Which is actually fine because boxing is a bit of a circus. The fact that Paul claims to be amazing is what makes me chuckle about the whole thing. I suppose it is good marketing.

Regarding the latest fight, from what I saw on YT, the guy he's fighting has just suffered a big KO and there's also a rehydration clause in favour of Paul. I wouldn't rule out a brown envelope exchanging hands either as there is a lot as stake.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eubank Jr V Benn is just a circus fight so they get a bit of WWE pantomime between the 2 dads in the build up. Sell it to the casuals as some sort of 'legacy being continued' fight.

Feels like the fight Brook got served up to GGG, only neither of these 2 are near their respective levels.

If it's on Sky then Adam Smith will have a huge boner about the history!

Soldato
Hasn't he already done that by fighting non-boxers and claiming them as part of his record? Is he registered as a pro now? I have no idea if he is.

I've not seen a lot of his stuff but the knockout of Askren was a joke and the Woodley knockout also shouldn't trouble a pro. The cynic in me says that both were paid to lose. I'm not doubting that he can box or fight I just think it's a bit of a circus. Which is actually fine because boxing is a bit of a circus. The fact that Paul claims to be amazing is what makes me chuckle about the whole thing. I suppose it is good marketing.

Regarding the latest fight, from what I saw on YT, the guy he's fighting has just suffered a big KO and there's also a rehydration clause in favour of Paul. I wouldn't rule out a brown envelope exchanging hands either as there is a lot as stake.
He is registered as pro. But if fighters from small hall shows can fight tomato cans for their learning fights I'm not sure why Paul can't be afforded the same luxury. He's training like a professional, with professionals and living the life before he steps into the ring. It's a bit unfair to suggest he isn't a real boxer at this point. It's good he is stepping up the level of his opposition but it's a shame he's not fighting Tommy Fury as I genuinely think he stood a good chance of beating him, which is probably why Tommy ducked him several times.

There's a rehydration clause because Rahman Jr is a heavyweight and Paul is a light heavy, maybe could go to Cruiser. Now Rahman isn't going to be as good as his father was but it's a genuinely decent opponent for someone learning on the job. Paul isn't going to win a word title or even a region belt but he's stepping into the ring and that alone is doing more than what his detractors would even consider doing.

Ryan Garcia looked impressive last night. He has hand speed to rival Amir Khan but he also has power behind it too. Just wish he'd actually try and fight those in his division. Him vs Tank, Haney, Lopez or Kambosos would all be decent fights.

Soldato
Slugfest, not much boxing taking place. Both looked knackered after the 2nd/3rd. It has been fought as a ridiculous pace. Chamberlain could have won it if he boxed but B-Smith has this in the bag surely.

Soldato
Howcome some boxers do get tired and others don't? It can't be just due to training. The difference perhaps being the 'supplements'?

Soldato
I think he's with Kalle Sauerland (the one who's a fan of that Columbian marching powder) as I can see him in the crowd.

This is Harlem Eubank, hopefully turns out more impressive than his brother but I don't see it

Ah, yeah, just saw Kalle swinging his fists :D

Back
Top Bottom