*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I gave Taylor was 4 rounds, but it was more likely he only won 3 and I couldn’t see how any judge could have had him winning 5.

I’m not sure what Arum is moaning about TBH. Caterall just dealt with Taylor very well.

Soldato
I gave Taylor was 4 rounds, but it was more likely he only won 3 and I couldn’t see how any judge could have had him winning 5.

I’m not sure what Arum is moaning about TBH. Caterall just dealt with Taylor very well.
Yes even with my bias I could only give Taylor 4/5 rounds with any certainty. I couldn't see it at 9-3 but it was a Catterall win.
Defensively Catterall is very good. Very awkward to hit with his side on stance.
Entertaining fight but Taylor's best days are behind him, he could not impose himself on Catterall and took some eye catching shots.
Third fight maybe? who knows..
I don't see any point in a third fight. That's three in a row where Taylor hasn't looked near his previous level. He had no power at the weight and whilst his engine was good he's effectively lost his last three fights. I don't like Catterall but Eddie needs to try and get him a big fight for a title to see if he is genuine at world level. A rematch makes no sense for him. The problem I think Hearn will have is that no-one will want to fight Catterall. Not because he's that good but he's horrible to fight.

Soldato
Entertaining fight but Taylor's best days are behind him, he could not impose himself on Catterall and took some eye catching shots.
Third fight maybe? who knows..

I hope Catterall goes on to face one of the other big names quite soon and not have too much of a gap. His jab looked really strong.

Soldato
Yes even with my bias I could only give Taylor 4/5 rounds with any certainty. I couldn't see it at 9-3 but it was a Catterall win.
Defensively Catterall is very good. Very awkward to hit with his side on stance.

I don't see any point in a third fight. That's three in a row where Taylor hasn't looked near his previous level. He had no power at the weight and whilst his engine was good he's effectively lost his last three fights. I don't like Catterall but Eddie needs to try and get him a big fight for a title to see if he is genuine at world level. A rematch makes no sense for him. The problem I think Hearn will have is that no-one will want to fight Catterall. Not because he's that good but he's horrible to fight.

Taylor did not look the fighter he was, but how much of the performance was down to the improvement in Caterall and his determination to right the wrong. Catterall is a royal pain in the arse to deal with.

But no doubt Taylor is still a class fighter and has enough in the tank to continue. He just needs stay disciplined and off the sauce.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom