*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
If he comes in heavier then I'd expect Usyk to stop him. Usyk moves around far too much and a heavier Fury would be slower on his feet and drain his tank sooner.

Plus that fight was 4 years ago and Fury hasn't lived the life. Usyk has him figured out
Yeah, people also seem to forget, he was able to steamroller Wilder because Wilder can't box.

There's a reason why AJ and Fury didn't do it, because it leaves you open against someone as good at controlling distance as Usyk. Fury does stand a better chance than AJ did though, so he might have to risk it.

If he does then there's a high chance he gets KO'd again, especially in later rounds. I suspect he has no choice to try it though.

Or he boxes on the back foot and spoils the fight like he did against Kiltschko, makes Usyk miss, takes advantage of his reach advantage. Again, how long can he sustain that, beyond the 9th?

Even if he does somehow win, he's lost his aura, just another chump now. Has no claim to anything great. In my eyes his career highlight was the Klitschko fight, in which he did very well. The Wilder fights were good, gutsy fights, which will go down as good fights but Wilder can't really box can he? They weren't truly world-level fights.

*awaits comment about AJ*

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember all the talk after AJ got beat from Usyk and the overall view was all AJ had to do was use his size and strength and he would stop Usyk.

Usyk beat AJ 2nd time just as easy.

Dubois apparently had loads of success against Usyk and the general view was, yep just walk him down and hit him to the body he is weak. Oblivious to the fact Usyk dominated and stopped Dubois.

Roll up Fury, the same bizarre view has been rolled out, Fury just has to use his size and strength and throw some body shots and he will walk through Usyk...

Usyk took quite a few body shots, took some uppercuts and still weaponised his workrate and cardio to pretty much almost KO Fury.

I am not sure what people need to see from this bloke, I think Usyk will have to bring Ali back from the dead and beat him.

Until someone can out work Usyk with a similar skillset I doubt he can be beat. His main weapon clearly is his cardio and barely anyone picks up on it. Fury will be beat again unless he can work like he did for 3 rounds but for 12... which he obviously can't otherwise he would have done. Maybe if Fury rewinds the clock and stops pigging out on Asda cheese sandwiches .... maybe.

On the size thing too, it's null and void Usyk clinchwork is also next level the way he shaped himself when Fury tried to grab him, Fury couldn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
And saying this, I didn't agree with the abuse AJ got for losing to Usyk and I don't think Fury should be thrown in the bin either.

AJ and Fury are very good heavyweights. Unfortunately, everyone miscalculated just how elite Usyk could be at heavyweight. He has lost almost nothing with adding on the extra weight moving up which probably AJ and Fury didn't expect.

Soldato
And saying this, I didn't agree with the abuse AJ got for losing to Usyk and I don't think Fury should be thrown in the bin either.

AJ and Fury are very good heavyweights. Unfortunately, everyone miscalculated just how elite Usyk could be at heavyweight. He has lost almost nothing with adding on the extra weight moving up which probably AJ and Fury didn't expect.

Absolutely not. All truly awesome fighters the 1% of the 1%

Soldato
Boxers need saving from themselves but promoters know that Chisora is a name and has a big following. He always puts on a show.

But he is also a fighter, he'll never say no to a challenge so the promotors should stop offering him fights but they know he'll make them money.

Boxing and morality rarely go hand in hand

Soldato
Boxers need saving from themselves but promoters know that Chisora is a name and has a big following. He always puts on a show.

But he is also a fighter, he'll never say no to a challenge so the promotors should stop offering him fights but they know he'll make them money.

Boxing and morality rarely go hand in hand

The money men don't care about the fighters. It's up to his friends and family to support/stop him, as someone who likely has brain damage already.

Last edited:
Soldato
If Joyce has any future in the sport (and he probably doesn’t!) he needs to win that fight and quick.

Del Boy was finished a long time ago this is just a cash out fight.

They better not think this is PPV worthy! I’ll watch it if it’s on TNT sport.

Last edited:
Soldato
The money men don't care about the fighters. It's up to his friends and family to support/stop him, as someone who likely has brain damage already.

I always think about Danny Williams when this topic comes up. Had a decent career at domestic level, beat (a washed up) Tyson, fought for the world title……that was all TWENTY years ago and he was still fighting within the last year! Mostly in Eastern Europe now as nowhere sensible would give him a license.

He fought Del Boy 14 years ago ironically enough!

Soldato
Just watched the second Usyk AJ fight and then Usyk Fury. I’ve got to say AJ did a better job with Usyk than Fury.
Really?

Not watched either fights since live but I just don't remember Usyk being in ANY sort of touble vs AJ.

Where as vs Fury some of those middle rounds were more than a little uncomfortable for Usyk.

Soldato
Really?

Not watched either fights since live but I just don't remember Usyk being in ANY sort of touble vs AJ.

Where as vs Fury some of those middle rounds were more than a little uncomfortable for Usyk.

Usyk was hurt a couple of times. AJ did get to him, a little. But not really in trouble.

Usyk landed more on Fury than he managed with AJ from what I could see.

Last edited:
Associate
I think the only version of Fury that beats Usyk is the one that boxed Klitschko, and that version is long gone, never to return at this point. Too many years abusing his body has finally caught up with him, he's still better than most out there currently, but I doubt he will ever have the tools to beat Usyk. I don't want to see a rematch if I'm honest, I think the first already tells the story of what will happen in the second fight, the AJ fight is the more interesting to me as I've actually swung the other way and think AJ would have him in that one now.

Taylor vs Catterall rematch this weekend, hopefully that one will be a banger. I've not watched any of the pressers in the last few days but I've seen a lot of comments about Taylor looking like he is going to be drained at the weight, the weigh in tomorrow should be an interesting watch, with no doubt sparks flying.

Soldato
I think the only version of Fury that beats Usyk is the one that boxed Klitschko, and that version is long gone, never to return at this point. Too many years abusing his body has finally caught up with him, he's still better than most out there currently, but I doubt he will ever have the tools to beat Usyk. I don't want to see a rematch if I'm honest, I think the first already tells the story of what will happen in the second fight, the AJ fight is the more interesting to me as I've actually swung the other way and think AJ would have him in that one now.

Taylor vs Catterall rematch this weekend, hopefully that one will be a banger. I've not watched any of the pressers in the last few days but I've seen a lot of comments about Taylor looking like he is going to be drained at the weight, the weigh in tomorrow should be an interesting watch, with no doubt sparks flying.

I dont agree, rematches dont pan out exactly the same automatically and i cant wait for the rematch.

Back
Top Bottom