*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I don't see the result being any different, Usyk had him figured out - aside from the lapse in pace between rounds 4-8, then Usyk turned the screws with his insane gastank and work rate.

Looking forward to this weekend though!

Soldato
So annoying about Betrbiev though. Thats taken the gloss of it somewhat.

this event is still quite unbelievable though, normally these fights would have been separated into multiple weekends. I can only imagine the Saudis are throwing big wedges of cash about to make it all happen

Associate
I think it's a really interesting fight with quite a bit of weight behind it, these two are supposed to be some of the next wave of heavyweights that will be challenging at the top for the belts, the winner likely going on and facing AJ or another big name down the line.

By most accounts of fighters and people on the inside we've yet to see the Hrgovic that really impresses behind closed doors and seems to be a real contender. Up until now I don't really think he's been in a decent high level fight other than Zhang, who from memory probably should have won their fight even though he gassed and let the fight become closer. Zhang went on to fight other top level guys and Hrgovic went backwards?

I'll root for Dubois but I'm just not sure he's there, I'll defend him on the Joyce fight, but the Usyk one he let slip and caved. He did show a bit of grit against Miller, but I was genuinely worried with how gassed he looked at times. You just feel all the top guys (Usyk already) have the beating of him.

Never know though, it could be a bit of a making of fight for either of them. Wilder and Zhang I just expect fireworks in the first couple of rounds, that one could end up being mental.

Caporegime
Agree with most of the above but I'm yet to see anything from Joyce or Dubois that suggests they're anything more than this generations Danny Williams and Matt Skelton. Decent British level fighters, will get the odd chance at European and World level but will ultimately always come short.

Caporegime
some brilliant fights tonight from 7pm. zhang vs wilder . zhang got the weight better boxer tires after 6 so wilder gotta keep out his way for them. also zhang if he hits you your down. people who pushed wilder with this kinda power have all beat him. interesting fight. but all the under card before are all great fights too. nick ball got robbed last time so hopefully he gets his reward great fighter.

MAIN EVENT: Zhilei Zhang vs Deontay Wilder
Daniel Dubois vs Filip Hrgovic - for IBF interim heavyweight title
Hamzah Sheeraz vs Austin Williams
Dimitry Bivol vs Malik Zinad - for WBA and IBO light heavyweight titles
Raymond Ford vs Nick Ball - for WBA featherweight title
Willy Hutchinson vs Craig Richard

Soldato
My choice is DAZN or TNT sports via Amazon. Prime video.
Anything but DAZN, it's essentially a scam site.

You have to subscribe to use the service but anything worth watching costs extra on top to watch so it's basically a digital marketplace you have to pay a monthly fee to use. To make matters worse it's American based so there's no option to unsubscribe, literally, you have to speak to a chat bot about it that will spend approximately 500 years trying to convince you to stay before finally giving you the telephone number (national rate) of their office so you can call to unsub between 8-5 Mon-Fri, if they answer.

Back
Top Bottom