**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

I appreciate the review stoosh! Thanks. :D I've got a real soft spot for the slightly lesser Chinese brands.. :) looks like a great bit of kit,lovely build quality. That box looks rather snazzy too :D

Well I have just ordered an Elephone P6000 pro for £79.75.
I would love a better spec phone but I tend to give my phones a tough time when I am in work so a cheap phone is probably not going to make me cry if I brake it. I need a dual sim phone (one for work and one for personnel use).

This will be my 3rd Chinese phone as I have also got a Cubot 5" phone I bought a couple of years ago and still works and also my current Leagoo Lead 1, 5.5" phone which has never let me down.

I appreciate the review stoosh! Thanks. :D I've got a real soft spot for the slightly lesser Chinese brands.. :) looks like a great bit of kit,lovely build quality. That box looks rather snazzy too :D

Thanks Dude. It's superb and Huawei have come leaps and bounds since the early days. I agree I've got a soft spot for lesser Chinese brands too and I'm also an atheist...What a coincidence eh? ;)

I really wish that Xiaomi would start to release their phones in Europe I really want to have a look at their phones as well as Meizu - I might pick up a M2 Note soon.

Going back to the Honor 7 - the phone is a joy to use and the best part of it is that all the apps that were incompatible on the Honor 6 work on the Honor 7.

I've uninstalled most of the bloat and disabled the rest, installed Nova Launcher and added a few icon packs and the phone looks great. I'm really pleased with it.

For sure. Atheist the only way to be :D

Anyways. The m2 note looks good. And it'll be available on Amazon directly, very soon! I'm tempted to pick one up as my second phone. Just case I break mine. :p at £139 it's a steal.

The problem with xiaomi and meizu releasing official handsets in Europe, is getting them officially tested for the SAR rating. I believe it can be quite expensive!? And I believe it's law, if you want officially sell inside Europe. The sooner the better.. We need more brands bringing newer, different designs to the table. :) getting a bit fed up of the bigger brands releasing the same old stuff.

Glad you're pleased with the phone! They're officially bringing it to the UK in August. Which is great news too

You know it!

The M2 Note will be out soon but I'm going to wait for the 32GB version as the days of owning a phone with 16GB internal memory are gone. I have to agree the price is a steal for sure. That's something I didn't know about about Chinese manufacturers getting official tested for SAR ratings. I thought that was a given and all manufacturers went through SAR testing worldwide?

We do need more OEMs releasing phones in Europe as it will make the usual suspects sit up and notice. Samsung et all are already taking a major beating in China and a little bit of competition is good for everyone.

The phone is good and I heard that Huawei are releasing the phone on the 27th August, maybe I should've waited and I could've got it cheaper...

There's no law, or official testing center in China in regards to sar ratings. So Chinese manufacturers don't need to comply to anything like that when making handsets. Only some comply, and get them tested. I don't think meizu or Xiaomi have official readings on any of their phones AFAIK. (certainly not at the fcc anyways) I do know that the mi4i has been tested for it because of going on sale in India, and they're big on the whole sar thing.

I highly doubt an official UK release of the honor 7 will be cheaper than buying the Chinese version. :p

I think the biggest seller in China is Huawei! More oems selling in the UK is going to be a good thing. OPO certainly rocked the boat with the plus one!

Those concerned with the SAR rating will be dismayed that Chinese manufacturers don't have to comply but such is life.

What with all the accusations flying that Chinese phones are full of spyware also doesn't give the Chinese manufacturers any credibility.

I guess not seeing as the phone is all metal and that will reflect in the price although the one useful thing the UK Honor 7 phones will have is a European ROM.

Huawei have moved into third place and overtaken Microsoft in the list of the mobile phone OEMs which is quite a substantial achievement.

The battery on the Honor 7 on the first day held up well and last 19 hours before almost giving up the ghost, although today it's quite a different story and the phone is eating through the battery with Android System being the biggest culprit. Lollipop really sucks when it comes to battery life. Google messed up big time there.

Unsure how reliable this is but here's a list of SAR ratings for Xiaomi phones, listed on a Xiaomi reseller's forum: http://www.honorbuy.com/forum/thread-359494-1-1.html

I note that the Mi2A is shown twice in the table. The Mi2S is missing so that's probably a typo. All the other phones listed would meet all requirments.

Edit: Alternative source with the same numbers: http://sarshield.com/radiation-chart/. They have a searchable database with SAR ratings for various manufacturers.

Last edited:
I almost bought an Honor 6 the other day but luckily I checked this thread and saw that the Honor 7 will be released soon!

Slightly gutted to see that there's no Vodafone 3G option on the Honor 6. Can we presume it will be the same on the 7 too? Is that the case on most Huawei devices?

Am considering a Huawei as a first proper Android phone after years of iPhone use so sorry if my questions are obvious!

I've had the Honor 7 for a few days now and here are my findings.

The battery is really good. I was pleasantly surprised, it's ever so slightly better than the Z3 I had and I'm getting around 18-19 hours with heavy usage and always hitting the 5 hour SOT mark which. I never really got that with the Z3 for some strange reason.

EMUI is great, lots of little surprises thrown into the ROM like touch to wake up and if you slide the home icons left or right the screen shrinks down like the Note 4.

The camera is superb and it uses the Sony IMX 230 sensor, pictures come out really well and the colour reproduction is accurate.

All in all I'm very pleased with the phone, just little things like not being able to sign into the Honor Club bug me and contact names not being displayed on WhatsApp.

Not a Chinese phone, but from Hong Kong, wanted to see how good they where, an Elephone P8000, so far very impressed only had a quick play - 16GB, dual sim, SD card, 5.5" screen, 3GB ram, Octa core cpu, 4165 battery.

Screen seems very nice indeed, on par with my note 4 i would say.

A few quick pics -

So far it looks like a bargain for $200 shipped.

Eh? Hong Kong is in china. Elephone is a chinese brand :p

I was going to get an elephone. But the rediculously large black bezel around the screen put me off. It looks utter garbage. And its the same on all elephone models unfortunately :(

edit: this is what i mean

Zvy07U0.jpg

It's purely aesthetic, but still, puts me off getting one.

Price to spec ratio is great though.

Last edited:
Where did you order the p8000 from? I'm interested in getting one but I thought they were still on preorder.

In regards to the bezel, I've seen this mentioned a lot but it doesn't seem overly big when I compare to my Moto G. Maybe the more expensive phones don't have these bezels?

Back
Top Bottom