**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Gearbest are good. You can trust them. I ordered a phone from them. They promptly posted it via Netherlands post, included a picture of the parcel and a tracking number. Took about 7 days to get here.

Edit. Didn't get stung in import duties either. :D

Last edited:
Going to Hong Kong in a months time. Is it worth picking something up? I've no idea about Chinese phones...

How easy are they to root? Are they well supported?

Eh? Hong Kong is in china. Elephone is a chinese brand :p

Heh, geography is not my strong point ! more embarrassing i have actually been there !!

I bought the P8000 from Focal Point, along with this that has come today, no customs charges on either -

Ulefone Be Touch 2, already i prefer this to the P8000, slimmer and lighter (though the battery is only 3050), it's very similar in looks and feel to the iPhone 6+ (though not metal unibody).

Completely stock android 5.1, dual slim, pretty much identical spec to the P8000, was slightly more expensive at $230.

There where rumours of this overheating so will have to see how i get on with it.

Got to wonder why with phones like this people (read me :D) keep splurging on the high end Samsung's etc.

Not exactly a chinese phone but can get a brand new LG G2 33GB european version for £131.99 on the bay with import taxes works out at £158. Is there anything to look out for with these imports from HK?

Ah the ulefone betouch. I was going to get one of those, glad i didn't, as the betouch 2 came out just after :D that betouch 2 looks good in the flesh! I thought it had a metal unibody though?

Anyone seen the Elephone Vowney?? Up for £191 in the Elephone store I'm struggling to find a reason not to get it at the moment..

This handset will feature a QuadHD (2560 x 1440) display along with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of in-built storage. The 20.7-megapixel camera will be available on the back of this handset, and an 8-megapixel shooter will be located on its front side. The Android variant of the device will be powered by MediaTek’s MT6795 64-bit octa-core processor, while the dual boot model will ship with Intel’s SoC

e: damn pre-order only :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom