**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Received my Ulefone betouch 2 today from Amazon (bought through there for the returns process if required).

I am coming from a Lumia 820 so I wasn't expecting anything super special. Performance, build quality and the screen are all excellent. I havn't used an Android phone for quite a while so it has taken a bit of time to get used to it again. So far so good bar the one issue I experienced below.

Had an issue initially where the home button stopped working but a full reset seems to have fixed this.

I was quite pleased to see two screen protectors and a clear case included in the box. This should prevent me from damaging it too quickly (the 820 is made from some kind of super dense material that damages concrete).

The good thing about Chinese phones is the price, ive got a K3 note on order & if i dont like it it wont cost me a fortune to get another one.

I was going to get an elephone p7000 from gearbest, pre ordered it and it never showed up, disappointed with them, though they quicky give my money back.

The golden rule with chinese phones resellers is to flash the ROM with (as close as) a known good ROM (i.e. authentic from OEM) as soon as you get the phone.

http://blog.teamleadnet.com/2015/06/removing-malware-and-bloatware-from.html

There have been number of reports of spyware and dodgy sites coming up on reseller modded ROMs pre-loaded onto your phone for convenience (e.g. Google play added, language set to english etc).... all for your convenience.

The golden rule with chinese phones resellers is to flash the ROM with (as close as) a known good ROM (i.e. authentic from OEM) as soon as you get the phone.

There have been number of reports of spyware and dodgy sites coming up on reseller modded ROMs pre-loaded onto your phone for convenience (e.g. Google play added, language set to english etc).... all for your convenience.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for this post.

I have no idea whether I need to do anything with my Be Touch 2 as it appears to be a completely bone stock Android 5.1 build. There were no pre-installed apps that I am aware of (I had to download things like Youtube & Chrome) yet Good Play was installed already (although Google Play services was not).

I've just emailed them and asked how I can pre-order and if it will have Band 20 (800) 100%. If it does I will pre-order asap...

Did you manage to get any more info on the pre-order?

I'm thinking of getting the Elephone P8000 for the other half to see what the quality of them is like.

Thanks for this post.

I have no idea whether I need to do anything with my Be Touch 2 as it appears to be a completely bone stock Android 5.1 build. There were no pre-installed apps that I am aware of (I had to download things like Youtube & Chrome) yet Good Play was installed already (although Google Play services was not).

So definitely a modded ROM. Does the reseller have prior track record with malware e.g. gearbest ? Still probably OK for general use but only with Google 2FA and not for banking

I would flash for peace of mind with an OEM or community ROM It is so easy with mediatek phones

Last edited:
So definitely a modded ROM. Does the reseller have prior track record with malware e.g. gearbest ? Still probably OK for general use but only with Google 2FA and not for banking

I would flash for peace of mind with an OEM or community ROM It is so easy with mediatek phones

Bought from Amazon.

I will never use it for banking anyway. Honestly it will be used as a glorifed music / youtube player when I can't be bothered to switch on the MBA.

What defines a modified ROM? I can't find a single hint of bloat on the phone itself.

Bought from Amazon.

I will never use it for banking anyway. Honestly it will be used as a glorifed music / youtube player when I can't be bothered to switch on the MBA.

What defines a modified ROM? I can't find a single hint of bloat on the phone itself.

In this case the fact it comes with Google Play, as these devices won't be Google certified and therefore shouldn't be sold with any Google apps on them IIRC.

In this case the fact it comes with Google Play, as these devices won't be Google certified and therefore shouldn't be sold with any Google apps on them IIRC.

Ah right, got you.

I am not hugely concerned based on my usage of the phone so far. It someone in China is reading my texts they are going to get bored very quickly... :D

On a serious note I assume I can check the various apps / services running for anything "dodgy"?

Back
Top Bottom