**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I've had a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T for a little while now. I've not really switched over from my main phone (Moto G5 Plus) but I don't think I want to keep it. It feels a little on the big side for me, especially with a case and the vibration is incredibly weak.

I paid £160. I'm thinking of returning it as still within window on Amazon... is there anything in similar range £150-250 with NFC and a screen no more than 6.2" (and preferably good vibration) that I could get instead?

Soldato
seen on hkud that you can pick up the f2 pro for 315 ish at the moment. seems like an unbelievable price.

scrap that, its gone back up in price.

Associate
My mum was after an update to her Moto G4 so picked up a MI 10 lite 5G from Mi.com this week, seems a really nice phone, good performance nice AMOLED screen, looks to be a great mid ranger, SD765G, doesn't feel like there is much lite about it really.

Had the update to MIUI 12, makes it feel smoother, MIUI still lacking some polish, I thought my Mi9 might have had the odd glitch to smoothness due to all the crap my daughter allows but no, on a completely empty phone the OS is still not perfect, perhaps 6Gb is not enough for MIUI or MIUI still needs polish, getting close to my main phone though.

Performs well enough, not sure why it comes through as m2002j9g

Capture.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Will I notice a difference if I treat myself to a Redmi 9S to replace my Honor 8X - The 8X has everything I need but noticed last night there was a slight delay when pressing the enter button coming on to OCUK

I don't really need to change but I fancy a new phone without breaking the bank - Almost pressed button twice but backed off at last second.

I think I have an itch that needs scratching.

PS.
I have done a side by side comparison on google and there is very little difference in phones. The 9S has a better camera and that's about it so not bothered about that.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone got the realme x50 5g ? seems to be very comparable to a oneplus nord but £300 on amazon ? still would like a headphone jack but the savings might persuade me :p

Associate
Will I notice a difference if I treat myself to a Redmi 9S to replace my Honor 8X - The 8X has everything I need but noticed last night there was a slight delay when pressing the enter button coming on to OCUK

I don't really need to change but I fancy a new phone without breaking the bank - Almost pressed button twice but backed off at last second.

I think I have an itch that needs scratching.

PS.
I have done a side by side comparison on google and there is very little difference in phones. The 9S has a better camera and that's about it so not bothered about that.
The 9s will have longer battery life and faster charging but it doesn't have nfc,if you want that opt for the 9 pro

Soldato
I usually replace my phone after roughly 2 1/2 years, the last one was forced on me because the Sony Xperia Z3 I had, the touchscreen developed a fault. Bought a Nokia 8 & its been very good but the security updates will be coming to an end soon, Dad is moaning at me about his phone so it will be a 'handmedown'. After weeks of researching & head scratching I've ordered a Realme 6 128GB. I'm just hoping I don't regret it, If I do I'll sell it & buy another Nokia. I just wish Nokia would get their finger out & release some more phones this year as the 5.3 seems too cheap & the 8.3 too expensive.

Soldato
Can get Poco F2 Pro for under £300 with fee free card shipped from Spain with Ali Express, seriously hovering over a buy button at the moment :eek:

Back
Top Bottom