**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

If anyone is looking for a case for the Redmi Note 2, I found a really nice one that is good quality. Not sure if I'm allowed to link the shop I ordered it from, though.. It came from China.

Pics if interested :p

http://imgur.com/a/VmNLC

Last edited:
Oh I meant compared to the likes of Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

Anyway very tempted by this/chinese phones in general. Was waiting around for the 5X, but the whole no SD-card slot is a big break for me personally, don't know what I was expecting honestly :(

The F5 is definitely a strong contender, but I don't know a whole about others. Redmi Note 2 seems to generally be favourable, so might take a look at that. Any others around this price point?

how about the meizu m2 note, the same mid-end phone like redmi note 2

Last edited:
Hi,

Apologies if this has been done multiple times but I'm looking for a bit of advice - I've got a galaxy s3 that I've had since launch and is really starting to show it's age. Was looking to try one of these Chinese phones and had my heart set on an Umi Hammer (thought it looked cool) until I saw this thread.

I've got £120 to spend including fast shipping if actually from China and it needs to be a similar size to the s3 (can handle slightly bigger but don't want a phablet). Would also be great if it had a proper button for "back" as per the samsungs.....What should I be going for?!

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Alex

Last edited:
Just a quick update, been using my Xiaomi redmi note 2 now for 3 weeks and it has not missed a beat, battery has got better the more I have used it. No crashes no dramas and it just does everything well. So anyone looking for a cheap phone buy one, it really is a no brainer. My Oneplus one has been stuck in a draw lol.

It's fine now mate, was a little hit and miss when it was new but now it's settled down it's pretty good, I have never seen it go under 50% after an 8 hour shift at work hammering youtube or listening to music, I am not really a heavy user but this would see most people through a day with no worries at all.

Got my Redmi Note 2 from ibuygou today. Ordered on the 30th so not bad at all. Phone seems great, really fast and nice looking as well. Just trying to update it etc at the minute and then see how it compares to my previous Vodafone smart ultra.

Ordered my Redmi Note 2 Prime 32gb from Gearbest last Wednesday 30/09 and paid for DHL delivery. This morning I had a message from them to tell me my item is out of stock and could I please wait a week. I'm sad now :( Still saying in stock on their website!

Whilst the camera options for my Vibe Shot were fine, the video options were terrible.

Cue a £2 spend on Cinema FV-5 app and now I can tweak my video recording settings to my heart's content!

Highly recommended app for these chinese phones that might not be making the most of their camera hardware.

I ordered a tablet from them on Sept 18th, a week back I e-mailed them and they then tell me it's out of stock... I don't think I'll be using them again, terrible communication.

I ordered a phone from them on Saturday that said 3-5 days for dispatch, now it says 4-10 days so i'm not holding my breath.

This appears to be a big issues with these companies no proper communication.

Geekbuying is the same they have after 6 emails only got back to me from the first email now stating they had no stock and am I happy to wait until the weekend when they get more in I clearly stated I wanted refund.

Gearbest told me yesterday they had plenty of stock in (Note 2 Prime) via there online chat but when I asked about VAT/TAX they stated DHL shipping will always get charged extra so better to go for standard air which they can value at $30 and tends to not be noticed as much.

Back
Top Bottom