**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

My Elephone P6000 pro is on its way to me (£79 from geekbuying). I don't really need a top of the range phone as it is just for calls, texts and some light browsing and e-mails. I have a Leagoo Lead 1 at the moment which I have had for around 18 months but I cracked the screen about 12 months ago. I also had a Cubot 5" phone which was also a decent phone.

Ha ha, an interesting comment. So you ignore reviews/opinion of others to choose a phone, but then given you opinions here, maybe it's for the best as you clearly have some different taste/preferences to most.

The phone isn't out till the end of next month so there won't be any reviews.
If you mean the company well I want the hardware not the software.
Anyway it only costs a good night out :)

Which is the main reason to rate a specific manufacturer, their hardware. The software, less so as it can be changed, hacked, disguised etc.

But yes, very cheap so no real loss if it's terrible.

It has the same chipset as the new google phone. It has the same camera\NFC\Camera as some of the top phones.

So I don't see where your coming from. Unless you have a hate for a phone\company.

Both nexus phones are snapdragons.

The elephone is mediatek.

The specs look good on paper. :) we'll see if they deliver.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the ZTE Nubia I'm getting for a friend.
The X10 is a good chipset for what I want. And it won't get hot :)

If the new Google phone is about £250-300 I may buy that as well.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend which Chinese brands use 800mhz 4g for Vodafone? Looks like Xiaomi don't which is a shame!

And if I won't get 4g, how quick will a 3g connection be?

Last edited:
It has the same chipset as the new google phone. It has the same camera\NFC\Camera as some of the top phones.

So I don't see where your coming from. Unless you have a hate for a phone\company.

Yes, generally I have a liking or disliking of certain manufacturers, like you've suggested yourself. Go back 2 or 3 years and I thought HTC were kicking out some terribly made devices.

I was suggesting, if it's terrible, it was cheap, no huge loss. Again... like you had also suggested...

I also have the elephone p8000, got caught up in the pre-order hype and purchased it when it was first announced. Awful wait of about 2 months before it turned up. Custom rom support for this phone is still in its early days, Eragon rom series looks promising but whats realy needed is a cyanogen port. The hardware is powerfull as claimed by the manufacturer but shipped rom was pants, plentry of bugs and not optimised enough.

This has been doing its rounds on HUKD:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-doogee-f5-5-5-inch-4g-lte-3gb-ram-mtk6753-octa-core-smartphone-93-82-banggood-2289652

Will wait n' see as it's practically a "no-name brand" (compared to other more popular chinese brands, and although I'm not really into these chinese phones :p)

Doogee F5 is good, especially its specifications, and I don't think Doogee is the no name brand, it has been one of the best Chinese mid-end phone now.

So, bought Krooton's Umi Iron. Suitably impressed. Cracking screen, plenty of performance, battery life seems perfectly acceptable and having 16GB storage plus an sd card is heavenly after coming from a 8GB Nexus 4!
I've even got used to the size of it quickly, the Nexus now feels tiny :D

You should try loads carve yourself a niche in little reviewed but potentially very popular Chinese phones, this is the crest of the wave for affordable high end portability.

I had wondered this myself. The problem is I would have to buy each one myself, unlike how I can get review units of main stream devices right now. Would get a little costly.

Back
Top Bottom