**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Doogee F5 is good, especially its specifications, and I don't think Doogee is the no name brand, it has been one of the best Chinese mid-end phone now.

Oh I meant compared to the likes of Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

Anyway very tempted by this/chinese phones in general. Was waiting around for the 5X, but the whole no SD-card slot is a big break for me personally, don't know what I was expecting honestly :(

The F5 is definitely a strong contender, but I don't know a whole about others. Redmi Note 2 seems to generally be favourable, so might take a look at that. Any others around this price point?

Which would be the 5" phone to get sub £100? I was looking at the Doogee F5 but i think it would be too big for me, my hands are quite small. I was just going to buy another Moto G until i saw this thread.

I ordered Redmii Note 2 Prime for my sister from Geekbuying awful service so far placed order over week ago but before ordering I made sure to ask them if they had stock in for shipping which they stated yes so went and ordered paid with PayPal (watch out for this the prices on site in GBP wont be same as checkout with Paypal was bumped up another £3) still not been shipped and all I gt from emails is about they will be away because of holiday 1-5 Oct.

Only went with these because they was offering for 12 months to send it back to Spain if any problems in first 12 months for extra $2

out of interest people who used gearbest to buy their phones... what do you think of them?. Reading online not sure if they have lots of complaints/bad feedback??

Gearbest were no problem for me.

At first i made a mistake order, which they took the money for, and started to ship.. i asked to cancel, which they did and then promptly refunded my money.

When i ordered the correct product, they shipped with netherlands post, and took a photo of the package before sending it.

I ordered Redmii Note 2 Prime for my sister from Geekbuying awful service so far placed order over week ago but before ordering I made sure to ask them if they had stock in for shipping which they stated yes so went and ordered paid with PayPal (watch out for this the prices on site in GBP wont be same as checkout with Paypal was bumped up another £3) still not been shipped and all I gt from emails is about they will be away because of holiday 1-5 Oct.

Only went with these because they was offering for 12 months to send it back to Spain if any problems in first 12 months for extra $2

I ordered then canceled something from Geekbuying a few weeks ago. Had to complain twice before the refund was processed and it took ages.

I ordered then canceled something from Geekbuying a few weeks ago. Had to complain twice before the refund was processed and it took ages.

Damn...just read their reviews on trustpilot.

I've just cancelled my order. I hope I don't run into trouble getting my refund back even with Paypal protection.

How comes you had to complain twice Mate? Were they ignoring your emails?

I got my Elephone P6000 pro yesterday from Geekbuying and I am quite impressed with it for the price. The battery life seems to be so much better than my Leagoo lead 1 which was just about getting through 12 hours before needing charging. My new P6000 is my first 4G phone and it is picking up 4G in my area and internet pages are loading much quicker than 3G on vodafone.

This is my second phone from geekbuying and I have not had any problem with them.

EDIT- my first phone from geekbuying, the leagoo lead 1, I ordered and payed for DHL shipping which was only a couple of quid but I did have to pay duty before they would deliver it. This time with the P6000 I chose the free registered airmail and the phone came through the post and I did not have to pay any duty. The phone was despatched on the 22nd September and arrived on the 1st October so took just over a week compared to around 5 days with DHL.

Last edited:
Not sure if to send another email cancelling or just go straight to PayPal for a claim it's that stupid you can't even cancel on the site itself or use a web form.

I was originally going to order from Gearbest but after chatting with them they stated they would not under value the item avoid vat issues and the price was higher/ no stock at the time plus I liked the idea from Geekbuying to sent it to Spain if there was any issues rather then China

bought a Ulefone be touch 2 from Gearbest and first made a mistake on the price they refunded immediately Then a few days later purchased at the price $169. But like kingy666 used DHL and had to pay £20 duty . Just received a Toshiba TV remote via bogstandard China Post and it arrived within a week excellent remote too no customs. Now via Gearbest have ordered a case and screen protector for $8 ish with 190 points off the original price - this is coming one assumes China Post to England. Ebay items via China Post good have been good.

Last edited:
Ordered a Doogee X5 earlier to see if it's any good. Specs aren't great but i only really use a phone for calls and texts, calendar etc anyway, at £38 it's gotta be worth a punt. The F5 does sound a lot better but it would be too big for my hands.

In the world of these cheap Chinese phones, is it worth buying a Sony z3?

I was looking for something with very good battery life and with good after market support but the mediatek CPU's don't have very good support.

Can anyone recommend something?

In the world of these cheap Chinese phones, is it worth buying a Sony z3?

I was looking for something with very good battery life and with good after market support but the mediatek CPU's don't have very good support.

Can anyone recommend something?

Redmi note 2 is good

Redmi note 2 is good

It's a mediatek cpu with 2gb ram and I've heard the battery life is not that good.

There was also an issue with screen panels.

I've seen the meizu m2 note which looks pretty good but also limited to 2gb of ram.

I've had a look on a few sites and the xiaomi mi4c 32/3gb looks really good for about £200ish. But for similar money i can grab a sony z3....

Back
Top Bottom