**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Could someone recommended a phone please, it's only got to last 6 months but it must be at least the same spec as the oneplus one but with a better screen and camera? Cheaper the better. I was looking at the doogee f3 pro and the mlais m7 plus.

Oh and must be fully compatible with Vodafone.

Last edited:
Been thinking about picking up a chinese smartphone for a relative. They have been using a Vodafone Smart Mini 4 which they were happy enough with. They are happy enough to get something similar as long as it is cheap enough.

I had thought about the Doogee X5 which seems to be available for £38 or so from the chinese import sites. Does anyone have any experience of using one of those? How reliable are these phones. I am assuming any warranty cover is zero. Do they come with Google Play etc?

Doogee phones are usually pretty ok, playstore should be installed the only thing that lets them down is the poor battery life. A review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9LQCH1Z4SI

Cheers. Looks like a lot of bang for buck.

How safe are these stores to order from. How likely are the phones to get caught coming through customs. For a phone at £38 I'd happily pay the VAT on it. I would rather avoid paying a £8 handling charge on top of that.

Don't use DHL or they will sting you for customs charges through normal post costs usually nothing but takes a while and it depends were you buy it from, most sellers do not rush to ship stuff.

Don't use DHL or they will sting you for customs charges through normal post costs usually nothing but takes a while and it depends were you buy it from, most sellers do not rush to ship stuff.

Wish I'd known this last week. My Redmi Note 2 came, but I had to pay DHL £18 to let me have it. I have a tablet (Chuwi Hi8) coming with DHL too...

My Redmi Note 2 has adverts in the notification bar and even a full screen ad when I turned it on at one point. Is the only way to get rid of these to flash a new ROM? Either way, if someone could link to how I get rid of them, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Looks good Andy! Try flashing the original xiaomi rom from their website. That should remove any adware from the device. Afaik xiaomi don't bundle adware with their devices from factory. The third party sellers do

Also, this is a bit nit picky, but why is the video only 360p? :(

Also, this is a bit nit picky, but why is the video only 360p? :(

Not nick picky, thanks for pointing it out. My video editing software defaults to that, if I forget to change, that's what it uploads :( It's not the first time I forgot... it won't be the last... :(

Thanks, will fix in the next 30 minutes or so.

**EDIT** Even more stupid of me, it is 1080p, YouTube just hadn't encoded it in HD yet... but I deleted before checking! Oh well, will be up again after current upload.

**EDIT 2** Right, it will be here when it's processed -

It will be 1080p :p

Last edited:
Ohhhh. So youtube just wasn't showing the option for 1080p but it was in the process of it! Sorry. Either way it's a lovely device. I've been mulling over getting one!

At that price it's a steal.

Another one I've been mulling over is the letv one. Which can be had for $199 at the moment. Day by day Chinese tech is getting better and better, and the prices stay low.

Keep an eye out because the xiaomi mi5 will be announced any day soon!

Back
Top Bottom