**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Cracked the screen on my Poco X3 this week after nearly 3 years, its been great cost me £125. Not sure what I should change to the market for that level phone is very different now. I like long standby battery as Im a light user can sometimes get 3-4 days out of my x3. Im looking at the x5 pro from aliexpress for about £200. should I look at anything else?
Also what are the chances of being charged import tax or anything?

Cracked the screen on my Poco X3 this week after nearly 3 years, its been great cost me £125. Not sure what I should change to the market for that level phone is very different now. I like long standby battery as Im a light user can sometimes get 3-4 days out of my x3. Im looking at the x5 pro from aliexpress for about £200. should I look at anything else?
Also what are the chances of being charged import tax or anything?

off topic but no tempered glass protector ? its one of the first things I buy saved me few times

Last edited:
off topic but no tempered glass protector ? its one of the first things I buy saved me few times
When I tried tempered glass screen protectors they affected the display clarity too much and they looked ugly. If you're worried about cracking the screen to the extent that you have to use a screen protector then you probably spent more than you should on it.

When I tried tempered glass screen protectors they affected the display clarity too much and they looked ugly. If you're worried about cracking the screen to the extent that you have to use a screen protector then you probably spent more than you should on it.

I haven't noticed any effects on clarity with the tempered glass ones through the years or effect touch sensitivity/ on screen fingerprint and I would say I'm pretty OCD

Although the curved screen ones best ones are the UV glue ones but getting ones that are easy to take off later

Saved me once and no worries about getting micro scratches over time imo totally worth it

Last edited:
Anyone else with a Huawei phone on here just had a warning that the Google app is infected with a Trojan ? Seems loads of posts about it on Reddit all in the last 24 hours or so I'm assuming a false positive but I've force stopped for now

Anyone else with a Huawei phone on here just had a warning that the Google app is infected with a Trojan ? Seems loads of posts about it on Reddit all in the last 24 hours or so I'm assuming a false positive but I've force stopped for now

Yup surprised there isn't a separate thread.

My step son got it as well (also Huawei phone).

Seems the Chinese government think Google is a virus, I guess in a way, you can't argue with that......

They're clear. My poco f5 came with one from the factory. I damaged it so i replaced with a ebay one for £2 and its the same.

Anyone looking forward to the Xiaomi 14/Pro?

I had the 12 and got rid of it because the heating but this might be good.

Its for sale for £707.79 CN version, I currently have the Mi 11 which I bought the CN version cheaper £500 few months after release and flashed xiaomi.eu rom , thats what I like about Xiaomi and Oneplus you can get CN version and flash rom for cheaper and get flagship spec

not really interested to upgrade yet as the Mi 11 still runs great, but might be tempted with the OnePlus 12 depending on price

Last edited:
They're clear. My poco f5 came with one from the factory. I damaged it so i replaced with a ebay one for £2 and its the same.
My 13T Pro's screen protector from the factory was clear, however it wasn't glass and didn't feel as nice, and it also collected dust and dirt too easily. I tried replacing it with a tempered glass screen protector which was just awful; it created some weird distortion effect that is hard to describe, and there was quite a large visible gap from the edge of the screen which looked ugly and felt rough. I think the screen has a slight curve at the edge which makes a smaller gap impossible with a tempered glass protector.

I went with a x5 pro at the moment, unlocked bootloader and flashed arrowos. All working really good but considering the price (based on buying a poco x3 NFC for £125 2 years ago) its not a big jump up at all. Still fairly happy with it.

I've had my POCO F3 for nearly 2 years now, don't know what to upgrade to?

I was looking at the F5 PRO but the screen is the same size as the F3, ideally I'd like a bigger screen.

I went with a x5 pro at the moment, unlocked bootloader and flashed arrowos. All working really good but considering the price (based on buying a poco x3 NFC for £125 2 years ago) its not a big jump up at all. Still fairly happy with it.

If you use Google pay seems like it's stopped with bootloader unlocked, mi 11 Xiaomi.eu rom no issues for few years but today not working

Hopefully it can be fixed soon

Last edited:
Was just about to ask about issues with Google pay/wallet with unlocked bootloader. I'm still using Xiaomi ROM though.

I went to pay for lunch at work and payment wouldn't work. Wallet saying device didn't meet security requirements. Luckily I had my wallet on me!

Was just about to ask about issues with Google pay/wallet with unlocked bootloader. I'm still using Xiaomi ROM though.

I went to pay for lunch at work and payment wouldn't work. Wallet saying device didn't meet security requirements. Luckily I had my wallet on me!
So it happened to you with stock rom,, interesting. Thanks for the heads up happened to me at co-op but I was kinda expecting it and had watch on hand....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom