**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
only owned the higher end Xiaomi phones not seen any ads and notifications get through fine cant say I had any issues been good experience currently have Xiaomi mi 11 running HyperOS , I've also had samsung and oneplus
I found Hyper OS frustrating after coming from a Pixel phone. The fact that I couldn't separate notification tones from the ring doorbell to sms/WA was ridiculous.

The settings area is convoluted, there was no proper battery stats and the whole OS just looks dated. Lots of duplicate apps that can't be uninstalled, Dual pull down notification system etc.

Not a fan at all. Put me off ever getting their Ultra phone in the future.

Soldato
I found Hyper OS frustrating after coming from a Pixel phone. The fact that I couldn't separate notification tones from the ring doorbell to sms/WA was ridiculous.

The settings area is convoluted, there was no proper battery stats and the whole OS just looks dated. Lots of duplicate apps that can't be uninstalled, Dual pull down notification system etc.

Not a fan at all. Put me off ever getting their Ultra phone in the future.

Everyone's use is different I guess I don't separate tones , the drop down for settlings I don't see it being much different and it's customisable , I rarely go into the main settings once I have set it all up

What I liked about Xiaomi I could buy the cn version much cheaper and just flash it , but they have slowly been increasing in price over the years and having to keep the bootloader unlocked so more faffing around to get stuff working so my next phone is looking to be the OnePlus 13 hopefully they follow the path of OnePlus 12 cn version was going for £388 at one point for that spec that's hard to beat and you can flash oxygen so it behaves like if you bought it from here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom