**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Might try a OnePlus for the first time soon. Currently rocking a Pixel 5 but fancy a change and the OnePlus 12 is looking tasty.

Thinking of waiting for the 13 to drop (hopefully in a couple of months) to see if the 12 drops some more.

Might try a OnePlus for the first time soon. Currently rocking a Pixel 5 but fancy a change and the OnePlus 12 is looking tasty.

Thinking of waiting for the 13 to drop (hopefully in a couple of months) to see if the 12 drops some more.

OnePlus 13 should be announced in October with Chinese release first, global release probably December/ January

I'll be looking to buy the Chinese version cheaper and flash oxygen, OnePlus 12 could have had for £380 but I held out hoping they ditch the deep curved screen for OP13 leaks suggest it will be micro curved which feels like and looks flat

My current phone is 3 year old Xiaomi mi 11 which has curved screen and really don't want another

Difference with CN version it doesn't have esim but you can buy adaptor for that

Last edited:
OnePlus 13 should be announced in October with Chinese release first, global release probably December/ January

I'll be looking to buy the Chinese version cheaper and flash oxygen, OnePlus 12 could have had for £380 but I held out hoping they ditch the deep curved screen for OP13 leaks suggest it will be micro curved which feels like and looks flat

My current phone is 3 year old Xiaomi mi 11 which has curved screen and really don't want another

Difference with CN version it doesn't have esim but you can buy adaptor for that

My only concern with the Chinese version is the radio bands it includes.

I had a Blackberry Priv that had a curved screen and I think I'm in the minority who really liked it.

My only concern with the Chinese version is the radio bands it includes.

I had a Blackberry Priv that had a curved screen and I think I'm in the minority who really liked it.

It supports the bands for UK
The thing I dislike about curved screens it's pain finding and fitting tempered glass protectors only real option is the UV glue ones which are a pain to install and end up lifting over time

Last edited:
I've had the Honor Magic V3 in my basket about 3 times now but can't seem to pull the trigger on it. I've got so used to monthly updates and Pixel OS and losing that is putting me off, most of the really good reviews also appear to be 'sponsored' too, not a huge amount of real world thoughts on it. Even the Reddit sub is quiet compared to the Pixel Fold etc.

It's such a good looking device though!

Last edited:
I've had the Honor Magic V3 in my basket about 3 times now but can't seem to pull the trigger on it. I've got so used to monthly updates and Pixel OS and losing that is putting me off, most of the really good reviews also appear to be 'sponsored' too, not a huge amount of real world thoughts on it. Even the Reddit sub is quiet compared to the Pixel Fold etc.

I am also hesitant to move away from my Pixel. Love the OS.

What price have you seen for the Honour?

Last edited:
The problem with the Honor foldables is they always look like a less developed version of the Huawei.

I've been eyeing up the Oppo N3. No global rom yet though.

Oppo n3 has been out since 2023, October 27 still not being able to flash rom

I really like the Vivo fold 3 pro the Chinese version is quite a bit cheaper but can't flash global rom , the global version is just too much for me

Looks like I'll be buying the OnePlus 13 CN version and flash oxygen rom

Last edited:

Check out reviews of the V2.

I got my V3 today, trading in my V2, and honestly, there's very little difference between this and the V2.

It has wireless charging.
It is water and dust resistant
The camera is a bit better, and the camera bump is now in the centre.
The lovely leather back of the V2 has been swapped out for plastic.
The bundled case now covers the front of the device as well as the back, offering more protection but getting in the way of gesture navigation.
The kickstand is now a ring around the camera, as the kickstand placement on the V2 case would be in the way of the wireless charging coil.
It's thinner and lighter than the V2 (but by so little that it's not obvious even when you have both devices side-by-side).

Aside from that, it's basically a V2. The front screen is the same. The inner screen is the same. The overall shape of the phone and the bezels are the same. The software is the same (vastly improved compared to the V2 launch). The V3 has a faster chipset & less RAM, but I'm not noticing any difference in performance (good or bad). And it's supposedly more "rugged" (time will tell - there is no way I'm testing this!). The V3 is nothing more than a refinement of the V2. And that's fine, as the V2 was already a very good phone.

The only reason I upgraded was for the wireless charging in all honesty. Yes, it is an excessive upgrade. But in total, I've spent £2,700 on these two phones & received £1,950 in trade-ins plus headphones which I've sold for £350-£400 (once I sell the ones that come with the V3), for a total outlay of £350-£400.

Last edited:
I got my V3 today

How're you getting on with it? Think I might just take the plunge and order one over the weekend.

Only thing slightly holding me back is the OnePlus Open 2 in a few months with the Gen 4 chip, rumour has it at the minute that it'll be as thin as the V3 so probably a better allrounder (support a bit better?).

Last edited:
How're you getting on with it? Think I might just take the plunge and order one over the weekend.

All is good. But then, I pretty much knew exactly what I was getting :p

I do have two grumbles.

Firstly, there are a few oddities with the software that I didn't have with the V2. I can't actually see what I'm typing right now, as the text is under the keyboard :rolleyes: And some apps aren't resizing correctly when opening and closing the phone (e.g. Reddit doesn't change aspect ratio between displays & has to be reloaded). Given it's the same version of Magic OS, there are probably solutions to both issues. But I haven't found them yet.

And the other issue is the "World's Thinnest Foldable" moniker. It needs a nice big asterisk next to it. Yes, it's thinner than the V2. But the camera bump is thicker. And the bundled case now covers the front as well as the back (great for protection, not so great for thickness). And the case's kickstand is on the camera bump, making the thickest part of the phone even thicker. I'd wager it's not far off 15mm thick at the thickest point with the official case. I'll probably replace it with something like this.

All is good. But then, I pretty much knew exactly what I was getting :p

I do have two grumbles.

Firstly, there are a few oddities with the software that I didn't have with the V2. I can't actually see what I'm typing right now, as the text is under the keyboard :rolleyes: And some apps aren't resizing correctly when opening and closing the phone (e.g. Reddit doesn't change aspect ratio between displays & has to be reloaded). Given it's the same version of Magic OS, there are probably solutions to both issues. But I haven't found them yet.

And the other issue is the "World's Thinnest Foldable" moniker. It needs a nice big asterisk next to it. Yes, it's thinner than the V2. But the camera bump is thicker. And the bundled case now covers the front as well as the back (great for protection, not so great for thickness). And the case's kickstand is on the camera bump, making the thickest part of the phone even thicker. I'd wager it's not far off 15mm thick at the thickest point with the official case. I'll probably replace it with something like this.

Back
Top Bottom