**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Only thing I can do atm, is work out how to use a menu button. For example Firefox doesn't have a 3 line menu button and I cannot press anything to raise the app menu

Edit... Found it, you long press the left button

Soldato
Have an annoying issue with the letv.

Using chrome and have stopped and seemingly hidden the default browser. But whenever I click on a YouTube link it.auto opens in the letv browser, then doesn't play as it's not compatible.

Apparently it can be setup in settings to open the YouTube app but I cannot find this setting. Any ideas?

Associate
I assume my LeTV 1s is also the Honorbuy version, as it came with play installed, and no obvious bloat other than annoying DU battery saver and nearly everything appears to work ok - it's showing as EUI v 5.5.007S. Now, I'm basically happy with how it runs, but the battery is criminally quick to drain and slow to charge, and won't charge past 92% which, it seems is fixed by the 008 update, but if I upgrade using the update.zip method to the stock 008/009 then I'll lose play store and everything and gain Chinese bloat and weirdness, I think? But also gain fast charging and slightly better battery life...

(identical issue/ROM as per this chap: http://forum.letv.com/us/index.php?threads/how-to-fully-charge-letv1s.104/ )

I've been titting about rooting phones since my HTC Desire, so I'm not a total novice, and I'm putting my failure to successfully root/twrp the 1S down to it's dodgy eu/honorbuy software, but I don't want to land myself with a chinese bloat system and no way back. Has anyone else worked through this ahead of me, and/or is there an eu/honorbuy version of 008 available that anyone's aware of? And/or am I just wrong on all counts? :)

Any advice welcome! :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I updated mine to 5.5039 yesterday. It had a load of chinese stuff on it when I bought it, i.e Letv tv/sport/maii/letme/weibo/ all of which is in chinese and I can't uninstall, the update didn't seem to add anymore.

Installed Nova to get an app draw, and to hide the apps i dont want. I charged mine to 100% and then with full screen brightness, I did some browsing, and downloading a Asphalt 8 file (800mb) and then played it for 30-45 minutes. Battery was at 75%

I don't know if that's good or bad as I have only a really old, really clogged up Galaxy s3 to compare it too, but given the clarity of this screen, I am happy to lose battery for the sake of how sexy it looks.

Last edited:
Soldato
It should get better after a few charge / discharge cycles. I thought the 1s had quick charge too. My work mate says his charges pretty quick and lasts all day.

Associate
Are you guys just getting the gold LeTV 1S?
I just can't find a silver one in stock anywhere.
And - if you get from China do you have to use adapter for plug?
Not a big deal really if you do but just good to know.

I have the gold one, aye. I've not seen any silver yet, and it came with a FOREN plug, I just used one of my massive pile of other uk usb chargers with the usb c string that came with it.

Soldato
Why are people still buying the LeTV 1S? Did you not see Andy's review where it highlights major issues with the software and poor battery life?

Or has a software update fixed it?

Soldato
Heads up to anyone with a Mi4c, Dont update to the latest developer ROM as they have locked the bootloader and it seems a right PITA to unlock atm.

Soldato
Why are people still buying the LeTV 1S? Did you not see Andy's review where it highlights major issues with the software and poor battery life?

Or has a software update fixed it?

Haven't had any software issues yet. Battery has gone from 100 to 65 in a days heavy use.
Only problem I have had so far is that the notification light stoped working when I used Nova Launcher. Revent back to the chinese launcher and they worked again.

Soldato
Is Letv 1s the best thing to go for at the moment or is there another phone coming shortly that better?

Really itching to buy a new phone is Honorbuy the best place to get them from do you have to pay custom charges?

Soldato
Is Letv 1s the best thing to go for at the moment or is there another phone coming shortly that better?

Really itching to buy a new phone is Honorbuy the best place to get them from do you have to pay custom charges?

Really happy with mine. It came from honorbuy in 3days from Italy so no customs. Although delivery was 20quid'ish

Soldato
Really happy with mine. It came from honorbuy in 3days from Italy so no customs. Although delivery was 20quid'ish

What did you do about a cover?

Does it support Three 3g and 4g aswell

Edit: Hmm looking at direct specs cant see much of a reason to upgrade from my One Plus one which i have no problems with?

Last edited:
Associate
I am thinking about getting the Ulefone Power when it comes out on the 28th

Link to Phone

I have never used a Chinese phone before but have seen some discussion about incompatibility with Google Apps with certain phones (the Xiomai RedMi Note 3 if I recall correctly), I use Google Sheets, Docs, Photo and Drive extensively and it would be essential these work. Does any one know about these issues and are they easy to overcome?

Cheers

Soldato

Link to Phone

I have never used a Chinese phone before but have seen some discussion about incompatibility with Google Apps with certain phones (the Xiomai RedMi Note 3 if I recall correctly), I use Google Sheets, Docs, Photo and Drive extensively and it would be essential these work. Does any one know about these issues and are they easy to overcome?

Cheers

wow nice battery :eek:

Soldato

Link to Phone

There's no way a standard-sized 5.5" phone 8.5mm thick has got a 6050mAh battery.

It's a phone that looks to promise a lot (they're bigging up the camera too for example) but there's not a chance it's as juicy as it's being advertised. If it's half as good as it says it is it will be a damn good budget option, but I can barely throw enough salt over my shoulder until the reviews come in.

Associate
There's no way a standard-sized 5.5" phone 8.5mm thick has got a 6050mAh battery.

It's a phone that looks to promise a lot (they're bigging up the camera too for example) but there's not a chance it's as juicy as it's being advertised. If it's half as good as it says it is it will be a damn good budget option, but I can barely throw enough salt over my shoulder until the reviews come in.

I don't know enough to comment on the battery but you may be right. I will be waiting for some reviews before ordering, but I thought for 120 quid it seemed pretty decent.

Soldato
Sold my imported Honor 7 a while back and totally regretted it. Bought the EU Honor 7 however along with the lack of storage, NFC and other features that are in the Chinese ROM I'm not getting the most out of the device.

Am looking to buy the Chinese Honor 7 again however I don't want to pay the extortionate price that I paid last time around. Having looked at XDA people have been paying around £320 for the Chinese version, I've had a look at the usual resellers but they're not selling the device.

Does anyone else know where you can pick one up for around £320?

Back
Top Bottom