**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I've been checking out a few Chinese phones over past week or so and I'm torn between 2..... Doogee F5 and the LeTV 1S.
What would be the choice of you guys that have experience of these or similar phones?
Any advice welcome as can't decide.

Soldato
The LeTV. They've a massive company. Basically the Netflix of China. I don't know too much about doogee. I'd definitely go for the LeTV over the doogee though. The 1s is a great handset.

Associate
Hi, Can some one help, I ordered Redmi Note 3 from GearBest it was dispatch on January 4th still haven't received it, said 3/7 days.

Whats bugging me the tracking number they gave doesn't work, they said it was for DHL Start with YT with 16 numbers, contacted DHL they said it wasn't there tracking number so I'm confused?. maybe different service if anyone knows? i can try.
I paid for expedited shipping, tracking and insurance too

I contacted GearBest they said they will look into it, told me to wait to 4th February.

They did the same thing with my K3 note,it eventually turned up 21 days later after numerous emails back and forth.

It turned out that they never dispatched the phone until 14 days after the order,even though they said it was sent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear :( Keep us informed! Hopefully it shows up!

Phone arrived yesterday morning, seems as though the tracking thing on the couriers site (One World Express) was just ticked as delivered Friday when it wasn't until Monday.

But it didn't seem to be from a courier, just 48hr Royal Mail tracked delivery. No matter, here now and my Gearbest experience has been fine in terms of price and shipping speed.

LeTV 1s Initial Impressions
Pretty impressed so far, very nice looking, although the feel is that of an iphone, so it can slide around the hand a lot (aka easy to drop). I have a rear/side clear hard case coming, so that should help out on that front.

Not used the phone yet as I need to setup the laptop with android drivers tonight so I can flash back to the Chinese ROM, rather than stick with this potentially dodgy EU Gearbest ROM.

Watched your video review finally Andy and will update the thread on some of the questions you asked in terms of battery life, notifications being delayed, podcasts restarting, apps closing after ~30mins etc. I'll be customising with NOVA and a few other apps I've read up on other forums that can help improve the 1s experience.

Last edited:
Associate
The LeTV. They've a massive company. Basically the Netflix of China. I don't know too much about doogee. I'd definitely go for the LeTV over the doogee though. The 1s is a great handset.

Thanks Tauren.
Pretty much decided on the 1S now.
There is no EU stock on GearBest. Am I best to wait for EU stock or is it alright just to order direct? I'm thinking Google Apps, plug adapters etc.?
Or any other sites that may have EU stock that you know of?

Haven't ordered a Chinese handset before - as you've probably guessed by now.

Soldato
Thanks Tauren.
There is no EU stock on GearBest. Am I best to wait for EU stock or is it alright just to order direct? I'm thinking Google Apps, plug adapters etc.?

Bought mine on Honorbuy on friday from an EU store, was $20 more but it's supposedly out in a DHL van for delivery today.
Will let you know what I think.

Soldato
Thanks Tauren.

Mine came from Gearbest EU for £134, but has their EU ROM on it with some random apps that can't be removed. Plus naturally it won't get OTA updates.

I'd probably buy as Andy did from EU honorbuy if they get stock, or just wait for one for CN to arrive.

With ordering direct from CN you should have the standard ROM on. It's already taken me a few hours to download the android drivers to the laptop and I still can't get the phone to connect to the laptop, so need to get this thing installed on the 1s so that laptop can talk to it, but to do that I need to put my sim card in. Then after all that I can flash the OEM ROM. Fun and games :p

Back
Top Bottom