**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Ah makes sense thank you. I'll just stick as it is as I much prefer it to stock MIUI.

Never had any issues before either until trying Starling. Nationwide, Halifax etc all worked. Already got the Xiaomi.eu GPay module fix installed.

Yeah the message about my phone being insecure came up as soon as I opened the app. I would say it would be good to know if it works in HyperOS as may look to try that if I upgrade to a compatible phone but as Starling cancelled my application with no further details, they can go screw themselves.

Just tried starling it doesn't work

maj

maj

Soldato
Just tried starling it doesn't work
Thanks for trying and confirming. Might be something for potential customers on here to be aware of.

Wonder what's special about their app that detects the unlocked bootloader. Plenty of other banks I can go with instead which I will be doing.

Soldato
Had my first issue with my POCO F2 Pro now 3.5 years old. Stopped charging. Saw a vid on youtube to bend the phone in a certain way and it fixes it... unbelievably it worked! I did a more permanent fix by taking the back off and re-clamping the charge port flex cable with more pressure by placing a tiny piece of plastic on top of the connector.

The phone still does everything I want apart from Wireless Android Auto. :(

Soldato
updated Mi 11 to HyperOS and getting high battery drain its very noticable what I was getting on miui 14 just about make it late evening before I was making it with 30-40% left, I even did clean install same apps and settings used on both hyperos and miui 14 and cosmetically I aint seeing much difference

hoping for update to fix the battery drain

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
For those using Xiaomi EU ROM there looks to have been a Google pay module update in the past few days. Mine wasn't working at lunchtime and was sorted after installing it and doing a restart.

Seems to be happening more frequently so wondering if Google are blocking them.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OnePlus 10T 128GB down to £256 on Amazon. Ordered one for the wife to replace her aging S21+, can't think of a better phone for the price.

Last edited:
Soldato
After 5 months with my POCO X6 Pro I'm starting to get severely cheesed off with it.
  • Baked in ads
  • Notifications don't work half the time so I end up missing messages and the like.
  • The camera keeps randomly freezing requiring a reboot.
  • Little niggles like you can't have the screen light up and the phone beep if you do get a notification. It's one or t'other.
  • The wifi is flaky as **** at times
Think I'm going to suffer it for a few more months and then switch to Apple. Never used anything Apple before, but my girlfriend has an iPhone and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Plus we'll be able to use iMessage and share music.

Soldato
picked up a nothing phone 2a 12gb(sp?) for £250 bnib. Haven’t tried android in ages so gonna give it a whirl.

Last edited:
Soldato
After 5 months with my POCO X6 Pro I'm starting to get severely cheesed off with it.
  • Baked in ads
  • Notifications don't work half the time so I end up missing messages and the like.
  • Little niggles like you can't have the screen light up and the phone beep if you do get a notification. It's one or t'other.
Think I'm going to suffer it for a few more months and then switch to Apple. Never used anything Apple before, but my girlfriend has an iPhone and I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Plus we'll be able to use iMessage and share music.
I returned mine within 2 weeks. Not a fan.

Soldato
  • Baked in ads
Glad I didn't go for the Poco F6 or X6 pro recently. Very tempting at the prices but those would be annoyances that I would get rid of the phone pronto.

Associate
Glad I didn't go for the Poco F6 or X6 pro recently. Very tempting at the prices but those would be annoyances that I would get rid of the phone pronto.
I avoided the X6 pro and went for older x5 Pro purely for custom rom support,I really disliked the MIUI but love the phone with crDroid on it.

Soldato
  • Baked in ads

My advice is to avoid any phone that has MIUI (or whatever the new version is called) as it's the worst Android version I've used.

Soldato
only owned the higher end Xiaomi phones not seen any ads and notifications get through fine cant say I had any issues been good experience currently have Xiaomi mi 11 running HyperOS , I've also had samsung and oneplus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom