The Official Dell 3007WFP thread (including pictures!)

Associate
mine came attached to the screen too

heres battlefield 2 screenshot the game is playable full everything but no aa

hl2 stress test

Last edited:
Permabanned
oh well, maybe its not worth replacing for a scratch on the stand.

I was a little peeved that I might have paid this amount of money only to get a used monitor thats all.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
[ui]ICEMAN said:
Couple of pics for you :

very off topic, i apologise but what mod are you using for the hud and layout on WoW. I recently re-subscribed after nearly a year off and haven't a clue what i am doing at the moment :D very nice btw. i am impressed with the 2405 and WoW so i am sure you are.

Soldato
bAz^uk said:
very off topic, i apologise but what mod are you using for the hud and layout on WoW. I recently re-subscribed after nearly a year off and haven't a clue what i am doing at the moment :D very nice btw. i am impressed with the 2405 and WoW so i am sure you are.

Nurfed action bars, Nymbia Perl unit frames, Nurfed HUD & combat log.

Associate
CoupeMad said:
oh well, maybe its not worth replacing for a scratch on the stand.

I was a little peeved that I might have paid this amount of money only to get a used monitor thats all.

Thanks.

Does it have that smell when you first turn on? Its unmistakable for a new monitor that has the power brick built in. Its a lovely aroma that only something brand new and unused can give off and continues to do so for the first few days of use. :D

Associate
yeah, mine arrived the same, cable already attached and masking tape holding the clear screen protector but no scratches... although the catch release system holding the bottom base to the main box doesnt feel to be the safest feature!

Anyway, hope that helps

Permabanned
Well well.

Maybe you guys can give me some advice here.

The screen is pixel perfect, it really is amazing. No wierd spots, unbalanced colour, or anything.

The two things i have noticed are:-

A small scratch on the bottom of the right hand "foot" on the lower black section of it.

And a slight bulge of the bezel between the Dell badge in the middle and the touch controls on the right. Its slap bang in the middle. You cant really see it, but when you run your fingers over it you can definatly feel it.

Anyway, is it worth returning for a better one? Are the chances of getting a screen with stuck pixels going to be high? Im wondering whether its too much of a gamble to take.

The other thing is that if I wanted a replacement stand instead of the marked one, would Dell ship me one out?

I did call them, and spent 30 mins on the phone to a bunch of Indians, before finally losing my patience.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, i think i have a mild form of OCD or something becuase I like things to be perfect, especially when they are this expensive.

Am I being too fussy?

Thanks

Associate
I agree, its the panel that counts and as you say its perfect. Small scratches to the stand are something that can happen at any time, you may swap out for one with a less than perfect panel then scratch the stand yourself!

Permabanned
I would be happy with a replacement stand.

Anyone had any experience of trying to get replacement things from Dell?

There no way id imagine Resellers would have spare stands.

Also, is the likelyhood of one of these panels having stuck/broken pixels high?

I know theres 4million odd pixels, but I thought that with the massive advancement of the LCD industry that pixel issues were few and far between.

Am I wrong, ive been in the CRT world up until now !!

Thanks

Soldato
I think it's just the sheer number of pixels on these screens. Even if you were to say that, on average, one pixel per million has a fault (1 in a million) you'd still get 4 dead pixels!

The technology behind TFTs has improved dramatically but the manufacturing process still has problems - this is where the faults develop

Caporegime
Id probably say - stop being so picky :p - Dell are unlikely to replace anything that only has cosmetic damage (they might if you foot the delivery costs though to swap it out) especially considering you didnt buy it directly from them (was it an authorised reseller in the first place?) so they may ask quite a few questions to check - saved over £500 over us normal bods that pay tax so be happy and enjoy :)

I think the risk is too great on getting a less than perfect panel - thats most important and Im sure I heard Dell had to recall some of the first batches due to issues...

Solution - just put something in fornt of the stand and youll never notice it again :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thats right about the recall.

Thats why I had to wait so long!

I would love to know whether they fixed em and sent them back out, or whether they just issued a new batch while looking at the old.

Tell you what though.... Clear Type is amazing.

Also I wonder if the slight lump in the bezel is due to the internal power pack....
Anyone else feel a lump in the middle between the Dell badge and the controls?

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah apprently dell wont sell em to 3rd partys no more, so oc.uk wont have any more once stock is sold.

feel like an idiot now was waiting for the agp 7800 card to be released and was gonna order em both same time. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom