The official Dell U3415W (curved 34") thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I also thought you were very happy with the Dell? Has the bleed started to seep into your mind! ;)

Nah....i dont really notice it tbh (not as bad as the other 2 LGs i had) i'm swaying to more of the deep blacks they promise.....im a plasma TV fan and love my panasonic VT50, so anything that can replicate that interests me.

I might regret it.....but it's just an idea so far....with no Dells available it should be quite easy to sell......but knowing my luck i will sell it and ocuk will have none left lol. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
So what's the minimum decent card for gaming on these monitors then?

It's basically halfway between 1440p and 4k in terms of video card requirements so you're going to need at least a Geforce 780/970/980 or equiavent to get decent performance from the benchmarks I've seen assuming average FPS is somewhere between 1440p/4k.

I think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for now and wait until it's actually in stock before re-ordering. That's the 3rd time stock was scheduled to arrive at my current supplier and it hasn't appeared after I pre-ordered a month ago :(

Last edited:
Associate
If anybody plays DayZ, you'll like this for a laugh seeing how CPU intensive this game is. I setup my 34" LG (now returned - yes BLB) and played a bit with my old GTX 670. I then slapped in my new GTX 980 and ... er same frame rates as on my old 1980x1200 Dell IPS with the 670!!!!

I was able to push up some of the quality settings a bit, but it was good looking before anyway.

Soldato
I've cancelled my order for now and will wait until it's in stock before considering it again. I've had the order delayed 3 times since pre-ordering at the start of January and have lost faith we'll see this monitor in the UK until April/May as per Dell's website!

Contemplating the Samsung as an alternative but I'd want to see more reviews and it's significantly more expensive than the Dell.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Latest rumour and I repeat rumour we heard is DELL have pulled it from sale due to their being some technical issue with the panels and there is no update as to specifics or when to expect stock.

Based on this I shall probably take it down from sale at OcUK in case DELL never get stock as it is simply to much of an unknown unfortunately.

Permabanned
Probably a result of all the complaint of backlight issues. If you can say anything about Dell its that their products are normally top notch.

Associate
I think that the adoption of the curved screen as a design decision helped to ameliorate the effects of the IPS glow (or bleed perhaps). Look close and square on and the effect diminishes with the LG based screens. Basically, such a wide viewing angle magnifies the effect to a degree, so a curved design was employed (all conjecture ofc) to lessen that angle where it goes t*tsup up. Not enough it would seem. At least Dell had the guts (it would appear) to do the right thing.

The Samsung is getting great feedback so far: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27624040#post27624040. I've ordered mine's based on the positive reviews. BLB is a thing of the past now (at a price).

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there

Latest rumour and I repeat rumour we heard is DELL have pulled it from sale due to their being some technical issue with the panels and there is no update as to specifics or when to expect stock.

Based on this I shall probably take it down from sale at OcUK in case DELL never get stock as it is simply to much of an unknown unfortunately.

Hi, thanks let us know, strange but dell sell monitor another regions :confused:

Associate
Hi there

its showing as in stock?

Soldato
its showing as in stock?

Odd, after being delayed for months and OCUK semi-confirming it wasn't going to appear anytime soon it's now apparently sitting in stock in their warehouse?

What's going on :confused:

Still mulling over whether to go with this or the Samsung 34" 21:9?

Associate
A couple of posts on another forum state that there is an A01 revision now being shipped from Dell.

The poster who got the A01 says:
Side by side, there are a few readily apparent differences.

- Back light bleed is almost non-existent.
- IPS glow is softer in corner and not really a big deal to me.
- Color seems really, really good compared to the standard setting out of the box from my A00 model.
- Buttons on the touch sensitivity are better and more responsive to me.

Soldato
A couple of posts on another forum state that there is an A01 revision now being shipped from Dell.

The poster who got the A01 says:

Interesting, can anyone at OCUK confirm which revision version the ones they have in stock are? That would make sense if they've delayed supply of the monitors pending a revision update to fix an issue?

OcUK Staff
its showing as in stock?

We managed to literally get a handful out of DELL after screaming at them. 5 units though, I've over 100, makes no sense. The LG and Samsung I can get so easily and I can buy 100's of those and have them here next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom