The official Dell U3415W (curved 34") thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does anyone know how to turn off the dimmer when you go full screen when using you tube or watching a movie....picture goes dark?

First places I'd check would be either the Dynamic Contrast Setting on the monitor or the Dell Display Manager App to see if there's an option there that's causing it to dim the screen?

Associate
Hey could you guys check your warranty on Dell's site and does it tell you when it expires?
Mine only tells me when it was shipped out and the country it was shipped to.

OcUK Staff
Thread closed, I will re-open it in a day or so, price hinting as already mentioned in this thread is not allowed.

If your not willing to follow a simple rule, we shall simply close the thread. Take note and learn, it shall be re-opened Friday. Repeat offenders will get holidays.

Soldato
So how's everyone getting on with their Dell 34" monitors so far then? I'm still waiting impatiently for mine to be delivered.

Will hopefully get it this weekend!

Associate
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Dell now say 20/4/2015 as shipping date.

Gibbo, come on, your an insider, what happening with these monitors, they will be old tech before there available at this rate.

Associate
So, what with this being an IPS panel, why would I spend more on the Samsung LS34E790C which is only a TN panel?

Is there something I have missed? Does the Dell use the same LG panel that seems to suffer a lot with backlight bleed? Basically, should I go for the Samsung over this?

Soldato
So, what with this being an IPS panel, why would I spend more on the Samsung LS34E790C which is only a TN panel?

Is there something I have missed? Does the Dell use the same LG panel that seems to suffer a lot with backlight bleed? Basically, should I go for the Samsung over this?

The Samsung is an VA (their equivalent of IPS) panel made by themselves. It apparently has virtually no issues with backlight bleed. However on the flip side it allegedly has more problems with motion blur and a less sharp image than the IPS panel.

This is based on the feedback I've seen on various forums so it's still a case of pick your poison in choosing between the Samsung and the Dell!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Dell now say 20/4/2015 as shipping date.

Gibbo, come on, your an insider, what happening with these monitors, they will be old tech before there available at this rate.

Dear Lord! Don't say that. It's not looking promising for my delivery next week.........

Kind of odd really given several people on here already have theirs? I'm sure there's some kind of story behind the scenes here as to why it keeps on getting delayed? Are LG holding back supply of panels to flog their own monitors instead or are there quality control issues that are causing Dell to reject the initial batch of panels?

I notice the Samsung34" is now in stock on OCUK. Might be tempted to switch if my order (doesn't come through this week and turns out to be months away) but I'd want to see some more reviews of it first.

:confused:

Last edited:
Associate
So how's everyone getting on with their Dell 34" monitors so far then? I'm still waiting impatiently for mine to be delivered.

Will hopefully get it this weekend!

I'm still absolutely loving the monitor. It's a genuine pleasure to sit in front of. I've not had much time for gaming unfortunately. I've only had a chance to play a bit of BF4 and I'm playing through Bioshock Infinite. The latter looks absolutely stunning and the colours are simply amazing. I've got nothing bad to report about the monitor.

Hopefully yours arrives soon and it's all good.

OcUK Staff

No idea, they keep messing us about. :(

Samsung is in stock now, seems preferred curved for gaming on being a va panel.

Associate
No idea, they keep messing us about. :(

Samsung is in stock now, seems preferred curved for gaming on being a va panel.

Honest answer Gibbo. I have never had a problems with any Dell monitor, and I have owned many, but a new samsung tv I owned went wrong within 5 months and what a nightmare getting it repaired under warranty. :rolleyes:

Associate
To be honest I'm just soooo confused at the moment, I'm not sure whether to get:

- A 4K monitor, knowing that the extra desktop space will be incredibly useful, yet resolving myself to running almost all my games in 1080P as it shouldn't affect quality too much and my PC won't handle 4K at playable frame-rates for the foreseeable future. Price wise these are reasonable, not too much for a 60Hz model

- A 2560x1440 monitor (probably a 32") as the size difference from my 24" 1080P will be nice, the resolution is probably okay for my PC currently and it's affordable so I can consider other options later in the not-too distant future.

- An ultra-wide 21:9, which I think I'd want a 32" also. It'd be more immersive, replace my current triple monitor setup most like-for-like but, will also cost nearly double the price, and games may / may-not run well with the slightly unusual aspect ratio & higher resolution.

The problem I have is having not even seen or tried either a 32" 1440P monitor or an ultra-wide, I really don't know which I'd prefer or get-along better with. The ultra-wide monitors seem really cool, but I worry they may just be a bit of a "fad" and support in games for the ultra-wide resolutions will never be mainstream.

I think I've narrowed it down between:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-071-AS
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-205-SA
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-099-BQ
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-081-DE
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-211-SA

But which... No idea! Or is it worth waiting, as I hear there's a lot more monitors coming soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom