The official Dell U3415W (curved 34") thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But curves are sexy ;). I think the reviews from people who've used both will be the best indicator. Hard to say otherwise I think, but for some people it will be worth the extra.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to the Dell, I've had 3 x Dell 2407s for years and they've been great, probably the longest lived piece of PC hardware I've ever bought.

Also DELL CS is superb, one of the above went pop while still in warranty and I had a replacement unit the next day!!

I was thinking about the LG but I'll probably keep my cash in my pocket until this baby lands, just wish somebody would do a panel that did > 60Hz

Associate
yeah i am going toward all curved ( LG , Samsung or this Dell ) at the moment i am very tempting to order LG one but hope i can hold my wallet untill it Samsung and Dell come out.

Man of Honour
Any idea on UK price?

Think I'm going to talk to OcUK to send my LG back as the backlight bleed on the top and bottom right is pretty dire.

Soldato
Any idea on UK price?

I'd guess around £900 based on the $1500 price tag so probably on a par with the LG model.

Like you say I'm inclined to go for the Dell over the LG as I trust their quality control more when it comes to monitors plus the thought of spending nearly a grand on a monitor without any kind of height adjust (or even VESA compatibility out of the box) is too much.

Definitely going 34" 21:9 for my next display so it's either the Dell or AOC for me I reckon.

Associate
Well its 9999 hkd so a direct conversion to gbp at current ROE is £822
My bet is after shipping and tax and UK premium youll be looking at a £999 monitor.
Thats my guess anyway. Definatley going to be out of my pricerange unless I sell one of my bikes lol

OcUK Staff
Well its 9999 hkd so a direct conversion to gbp at current ROE is £822
My bet is after shipping and tax and UK premium youll be looking at a £999 monitor.
Thats my guess anyway. Definatley going to be out of my pricerange unless I sell one of my bikes lol

Well it is quite simple to work this one out.

20% for VAT and shipping cost from Hong Kong.

Best case it will be £899, worse case £1199 so its gonne be somewhere between those two points. :)

Associate
Just as I suspected! DELL screens are always dearer than the LG alternatives.

Although their QC and customer service is far better.

I have to agree on the CS part, had a replacement the very next day (although getting my address correct to the call centre was a lot of effort).

If its cheaper than the LG I'll likely get it over the LG but if it is equal or more than, then I'm not sure. The LG just looks better (not bothered about stand too much as I'll like copy MRK and get a ergotron arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom